1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

New<ish> look of msn.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Handy, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Jason Handy

Jason Handy Second Unit

Well it is not all that new, maybe a month or so. Compared to the old format, where you could sign into your hotmail account right on the msn.com page, this one is terrible. The font is too small, and looks like they tried to cram too much stuff onto one page. I have trouble selecting the right link because they are so close together.

Furthermore, it seems like every headline is a question.

"Yoga: is it right for you?"

"Are your kids drug-free?"

Yada yada yada.

And there is some news on the page but it is not really accentuated in any way - all things have a uniform size to them. Sorry for this rant, but I really liked having msn.com as my home page until they perpetrated this filth.

Is anybody else put off by the new design?

Jason

2. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Jason, I agree, it sucks.
    I think they wanted it to have the same motif as Windows and Office XP. Whatever the reason, it stinks.
    Yes, I am a MSN user, and the preferences for web surfing are now adjusted through a web site instead of the explorer interface. Did I mention it sucks...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]