What's new

New Integra DTC 9.4 or used Lexicon MC-1? (1 Viewer)

RickRichardson

Auditioning
I have a budget of no more than $2,000 for a 7.1 processor that will be used only for home theater use, and only for audio since I do the video connections direct to the TV. I am looking for excellent sound quality. I had a Meridian 565 which sounded great but didn't have enough digital/optical inputs. I now have an Outlaw 950 and the sound quality is substantially under that of the Meridian. I am willing to go new or used.

Has anyone compared the Lexicon MC-1 ver. 4 with the Integra DTC 9.4? These two seem to be reasonable choices, possibly also the a B&K 50?

Ted Pugh

Stunt Coordinator
Rick,

I think your best bet would be to consider the B&K Reference 50 for sound as well as upgradeability. I believe the 50 is a step up over the Integra and the MC1 will not be upgraded anymore. There are a few threads that mention the sound quality of the 50 compared to the Anthem, Krell, Parasound C2, etc. Take a look and listen and decide for yourself.

I believe if you search hard enough you might be able to get the Reference 50 for under $2200 or so.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I'd take the MC-1. Of course, I have an MC-8. :) (Go check out Lexicon's site for all the reviews. Ecoustics has a bunch of reviews too.)

The Lexicon has Logic 7 and multiple crossovers. Neither of the other two do.

IMO, until DPL IIx becomes widespread (and comparisons made), Logic 7 is the pinnacle for movie soundtrack processing.

V4 of the MC-1 does support THX Surround EX and DTS-ES (by allowing overlay of EX processing over DTS).

The Integra is not software upgradeable and doesn't have, and never will have DPL IIx. Look around for threads on the Ref 50. I have seen quite a few people post about the high frequency whine the unit has.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks