What's new

New Infiniti G35 Coupe (1 Viewer)

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys. Just wanted to know what you guys thought about the new Infiniti G35 Coupe that was recently unveiled. I saw the sedan several weeks ago and wasn't that impressed but now that I have seen the coupe, all I can say is WOW! And the V6 with 275 horsepower will not hurt either. ;)
01-2003-G35--Coupe.jpg

CRyan

Screenwriter
Nice looking car. Not sure about the back end yet though. Reminds me of an Atari game for some reason.

Anyway, I wonder what price the two version are going to go for.

C. Ryan

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Beautiful.. at least the rear isnt as ugly as the sedan:
02ny_infiniti_4.jpg

Shawn C

Screenwriter
They just announced the new M45 at the NY Auto Show. It's supposed to be placed in between the new G35 and the Q45
Link Removed

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Now that looks like a cool car! And to top it off with a 275hp V6?! Holy moly! I'll take two! :D
It kind of reminds me of the Audi TT Roadster, with less curves.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Nice car ... It's basically the twin of the new Nissan Z
I heard the MSRP is under $30K ... which will definettely insure loads of sales ...
But i still want my Mini Cooper :D

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I saw the new G35 sedan a couple of weeks ago, but was not able to drive it because they dealership only has one. I am quite impressed with it. Waiting for the coupe, because I don't need 4 doors. :D

CarlS

Stunt Coordinator
The headlights work much better on the coupe than the sedan. Either way though, the G35 is a really nice looking car. If I had not already purchased my 01 S60T5, I might on the list for the Coupe.

Nissan/Infinity is really on a roll. They are throwing horsepower at everything on four wheels. This should really put the pressure on all of the competition in the $30-40k segment.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
They are throwing horsepower at everything on four wheels.
You hit the nail on the head. People seem to be infatuated with 0-60 times. I would rather see the money spent on the engine go towards safety, soundproofing and better-quality interior parts. The insurance companies love these horsepower wars, as it gives them perfectly legitimate reasons to raise rates.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Brian,

I just purchased a Nissan Altima 3.5SE to replace my old reliable '93 Toyota Camry V6 XLE. One of the reasons I went with Nissan instead of Toyota was the better engine. However, the Altima is as solid as the Camry, and just as quiet inside. That's saying a lot, because those old Camrys were solid, quiet vehicles for their price class.

BTW, Nissan makes available side impact and side curtain airbags, as well as ABS and traction control for safety.

I find it amazing that I only spent $2,000 more for this new 2002 Altima than I did for the 1993 Camry 9.5 years ago. Automobiles are being made better now than ever before, and yet the prices have not gone through the roof.

p.s. This is not our first Nissan. My wife is on her second Mercury Villager, which is a rebadged Nissan Quest. They have also been solid vehicles for us.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Great choice Scott! :) Believe it or not, the 240 hp Altima V6 is acutally a tenth of a second faster than the 255 hp Maxima SE (6-spd manual) on the quarter mile.
I drive a used 1990 Maxima and it's still very solid and reliable. At 163k the worst problem I've had to far is the exhaust piping break, which is expected after over a decade of use. A guy I spoke with on the internet *sold* his 95 Max at 290k (never did an engine swap either), so I'm guessing it went well passed 300,000 miles. I'm sure your Altima will last you a loooong time!

Chris Bedard

Stunt Coordinator
It is technically the replacement for the Skyline, but it is far from the famous GTR. First, it's only 2 wheel drive (rwd), instead of 4wd. Second, that engine, is not the RB26DETT that resides in the current skylines, but is a new, Normally Aspirated 3.6 Litre V6. No twin turbo's here.

As a luxury sedan, it's fine, but as a sports sedan, quite a step down from the previous generation Skyline GTR's, and very dissappointing to this enthusiast.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Its crazy with both the Subaru WRX(and WRX STi) and the Mits Lancer Evolution VII being released here in the US that nissan doesn't release the Skyline GTR. Someone needs to slap some Nissan execs around and make them watch "The Fast and The Furious" and then ride around any major city's hot drag roads, and you will see the modern performance "ricers".

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Great choice Scott! Believe it or not, the 240 hp Altima V6 is acutally a tenth of a second faster than the 255 hp Maxima SE (6-spd manual) on the quarter mile.
We bought the four-speed automatic, but test drove both an automatic Altima and Maxima. With the auto transmissions, the Altima still had slightly better pickup than the Maxima. The car also handled better, IMO.

The Maxima is still an older design, and is scheduled for a redesign in 2003. Right now the Altima and Maxima are in direct competition with one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks