What's new

New Infiniti FX45 (1 Viewer)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I bought one of these this weekend and just wanted to share some pics. :D My wife and I were looking for something to replace our BMW 323ci with more room and easier in and out for our 6 month old son and his car seat. 315 HP and I love the looks of it. You've got to see it in person to really appreciate it. It also has a real nice interior and handles like a sports car. Here's the pics!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Very, VERY nice... the styling is very 'love it or hate it', i love it...

The FX45 has HUGE amounts of power compared to the 35, from what I read in car and driver :D They praised this car a lot.

Congrats on the purchase!

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Congrats ... Nice, sharp car. I like the new interiors on the Nissan/Infiniti line a lot.

Good luck with it!

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Congrats Tim!

I'm considering the FX-35 for our next car purchase early next year so be prepared for some questions:D

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Thanks for all of the great comments. :emoji_thumbsup: We really like the FX45 and it sure gets alot of looks.

Congrats ... Nice, sharp car. I like the new interiors on the Nissan/Infiniti line a lot.
I was surprised at the quality of the interior. We originally were looking at getting a BMW X5 but I wasn't impressed with the interior and especially the seats (without the sports package). We ended up getting the FX45 for less than what a BMW X5 3.0 would've cost us.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Nice vehicle, but for that type of money I'd rather wait and get the upcoming Lexus RX400H hybrid SUV that is coming out late next Spring. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

One thing I don't like about Infiniti/Nissan interiors is the way the controls are laid out on the front panel it does take some getting used to. :thumbsdown:

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Hey.. no pics of the front? That's the best part. :)

Awesome buy Tim, how big is the interior compared to other SUVs? More like an Explorer or Rav4?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Love this car, the only thing I don't like is the that the railights extend out from the body!

B

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Hey.. no pics of the front? That's the best part.
:D I didn't want to load up too many pics here but I agree that the front does look great.

I'm not really sure how the size of the interior compares to the Explorer or Rav4 since I've never owned or driver either of them. I previously owned a Grand Cherokee and I'd say that the interior space seems to be equivalent. I had no problem getting in the back seat with the front seat all the way back and would be comfortable back there on a long trip. For reference, I'm 5'11". The seats are very comfortable, definitely better IMO than the BMW X5 that we drove.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
No problem Carl. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have. We were actually looking at buying an FX35 at first but after driving both we just couldn't pass up the FX45. The price difference wasn't that great between the 2.
Thanks Tim! We were close to buying a G35 last year but decided to hold off and see if we can't get one more year out of the Maxima (135,000+ miles and still going) instead. Just when I had finally decided on the G35, Infiniti had to go and make the FX 45/35...To me, it's the best new look to come out in years.

Dammit, now I'm jealous :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Carl- The September issue of Motor Trend had a comparison article with a Mercedes ML350, Lexus RX 330, and the FX35. Even with the V6 version, the FX had the most power, was the fastest, the cheapest, and had best styling. The Lexus had the best interior quality and the Benz came in last.

Here's the article.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I hope you don't plan on trying on racing any new M3s in it. There are several people who live in my neighborhood or on my way to school that have 45's (I hate soft-roaders on principle, but I have to admit the black FX45 looks good. like some kind of weird space beetle or something; in a good way) who have tried to race me. I'm not really sure what they were thinking, but whatever.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I hope you don't plan on trying on racing any new M3s in it.
No, I'll leave that to my Corvette. :D The FX45 is pretty fast (0-60 in 6.3 sec) but no match for a real sportscar. It also handles wonderfully with the sport suspension. I drove the FX45 to work today and it's a blast to drive. My Jeep Gr. Cherokee that I had was boring and I didn't think that an SUV could be so much fun. This is saying a lot coming from a guy who usually drives a Corvette to work every day. :D

Van Patton

Second Unit
Tim, what profession are you in? I'm in college and need some ideas on stuff to do that pays enough for me to drive a Corvette to work everyday!

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
I think it's an excellent vehicle - I like it!

I'm a previous owner of an X5 4.4i Sport, so that means a lot coming from me. :) It's faster than the X5 4.4i, and costs the same if not less than the X5 3.0i.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Van Patton - I'm a Computer Programmer. I don't know if I'd recommend that as a career choice though. Jobs are pretty scarce right now.

It's faster than the X5 4.4i, and costs the same if not less than the X5 3.0i.
Yep, that's exactly why we went with the FX45 over the X5. Plus, I just see way too many BMWs around here. I saw 4 X5s during my commute yesterday. I have yet to see another FX45 (or FX35) since we bought it on Saturday.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
The September issue of Motor Trend had a comparison article with a Mercedes ML350, Lexus RX 330, and the FX35. Even with the V6 version, the FX had the most power, was the fastest, the cheapest, and had best styling. The Lexus had the best interior quality and the Benz came in last.
Thanks for the article Scott! We have an RX 300 now which we bought after leasing one for 39 months. It's a great car, but I want something more fun...The FX 35 sounds like a perfect fit after reading that article.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
I was looking at the FX and the Lexus RX330, and the Infiniti hands down absolutely kills the Lexus in exterior styling. I thought however the Lexus blew it away as far as the interior goes...and I am an interior kinda guy. :) (The Lexus is no slouch on exterior looks either, but the Infinit is so unique and beutiful---wish I could have the best of both worlds in a car and not just on a Star Trek TNG DVD ;) ) So, I am getting an RX330 in a few months. :):emoji_thumbsup: I was in a 1997 Eddie Bauer Explorer that I no longer have, it was beautiful and oh so comfy, but it was wrecked and now I have a 2002 EB Explorer and it pales in comaprison to the 97 model IMHO...The Lexus ought to bring back those warm and fuzzy feelings I had in the '97 Ford. :):D

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Gee, I'm a computer programmer and I bike to work every day. One day Tim, when you're in the neighborhood, I'll race your Corvette at rush hour! :)

Ya know, I just realized this, that in a few models down the road, when Infinity releases an FX85, they'll share the model name with my old 9-pin Dot Matrix Epson FX85 that I had for my C64 many moons ago!

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks