What's new

New Indiana Jones SEs Coming? (1 Viewer)

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
They shot so much behind-the-scenes footage. I'm just wondering when they'll show it. Just like Star Wars, tons of behind-the-scenes material and various makings-of have still yet to surface on DVD.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I still want to see the "Great Movie Stunts" and "Making of Raiders" specials on DVD. Just like with the Star Wars films, the television making-of specials have been lost to history. (Last Crusade had a direct to video special called "Great Adventurers and Their Quests"; I'm unaware of a Temple of Doom special.)

Along with deleted scenes, these would go great on an "Ultimate Indy" box set - in Blu Ray of course.

LCD22

Screenwriter
There is a 1-hour TV special that was done for the Disney Channel back in the 1990s on Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye. It was hosted by John Rhys-Davies and Karen Allen. I haven't seen this in years and I missed taping it. If Disney would allow them, I would love to see this included in a future Indy set.

TheRaider.net - Indiana Jones Attractions

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I have a PBS program on vhs called "The Magic of Special Effects". I think it was a Nova program. It covered several movies but the majority of the program was devoted to Temple of Doom and Return of the Jedi. It went in depth on the mine car chase and the bridge scene.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Doug, I was wondering were you able to find where you heard about it. I was over on IndianaJonesShop.com today and there's nothing added yet under "New Arrivals".

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

What I heard was just a rumor. Not sure how valid it is, but it would fit into all the other merchandising that is going on around the new Indy film.

Doug

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I have a copy of the making of Temple of Doom on DVD that was transfered either from a VHS or Beta recording from PBS. Considering its age it looks pretty good.

I also have the Making of Raiders on DVD from the Laserdisc release.

As far as I know they never made a straight making of for Last Crusade, although of course they did have a behind the scenes film crew for the whole shoot.

Doug

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator

It's not actually a rumor.

According to Music From the Movies, the record label Concord (who will release the Crystal Skull score) will re-release the original scores later on this year. My guess is that the first 3 scores will coincide with the release of Indy 4 on DVD and Blu-ray disc.

News - Music from the Movies

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski

The new DVD's may not be anything to get excited about, but this sure is! Especially Temple of Doom, which I always felt was the best score, since it was always only available as a Japanese import that was incomplete, hard to find, and usually overpriced.

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah. Considering the overwhelming popularity of the Indy scores, I wouldn't be surprised if Concord forked over re-use fees for expanded releases of Temple and Crusade, as seeing they were recorded with studio orchestras in L.A. as opposed to the LSO for Raiders. Hopefully that re-use fees won't end up with a humongous price tag for complete or expanded score releases of the latter two films.

mike, I completely agree with you about Temple being the best Indy score out of them all. Aside from a few select moments in Raiders (such as the march and the love theme), I am completely lost as to why so many film score aficonados call it the best score of all time.

But Temple is simply wonderful. Almost all of the wall-to-wall music is simply great -- particularly "Nocturnal Activities", the love theme and the end credits suite. Just one of Williams's underrated sequel scores.

Jimmy M

Second Unit

ToD wasn't only available as a Japanese import CD. I bought it as a domestic release when it originally was released way back when. Still have it, too.

Jimmy!

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Do you just mean the CD or the sdtk in general? Because, I still have the LP that my Mom bought me when it came out (was living in Florida at the time).

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski

I was just talking about the CD. I could be wrong, but the only place I've seen it is the Japanese import.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
SoundtrackCollector lists a US release from 1999 but I suspect its an error. The only domestic release I'm aware of is the original single-LP release from 1984.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm certainly no expert but that's my understanding too.

Not to speak for Jimmy but I think he was referring to the LP though since he said he bought "when it originally was released way back when."

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

Actually Jimmy is correct. There was a Polygram CD released back at the very beginning of the format that was sold here in the U.S.

I actually picked mine up in a cut-out bin at the time; it was one of those very early "made in W. Germany by Polygram" CDs like the first release of STAR WARS...and it's still here sitting on my shelf! (though not for long if they're being reissued later this year ;)

Jimmy M

Second Unit

Mike, you can speak for me on this one, because I was referring to the CD. Sorry for not making that more clear.

Jimmy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks