What's new

New Indiana Jones SEs Coming? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
From the Digital Bits:

I guess this makes sense with the new film coming out. But what more will they do, if anything. We know there won't be commentaries (unless Lucas really wanted to do them and Spielberg would be ok with it) Maybe some of the much talked about deleted scenes, which I would think is improbably. I'm guessing they'll just break up the Documentary from Disc 4 of the original set and place the parts that address each movie on their respective DVD.

Here's hoping they'll get a BD release and that they will contain movie cash.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Unless (1) it's a BD release (and could still be "purple"; jury's out on that @ this point); and (2) there are substantial new features, I'll be passing.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
That was my first thought also though they'll probably include some behind-the-scenes marketing-fluff promos for both the new movie and any tie-in video games.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Well if rumors were true that they were preparing some kind of HD release, then they may have created some decent, actually new extras. I guess we'll see.

As for an eventual BR release, am I the only one who doesn't favor large movie packages? I'd much rather them release a movie at a time and spread them out over several months. It ensures they give more attention to the individual movies and allows me to appreciate them more. When we get them in box sets, it's almost as if they're putting them out in theaters and releasing them all on the same day.

If we just got Raiders on BR this year that would be more than enough for me.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I bought the Best Buy exclusive back in 2003 on release day, and I'm quite happy with that. But what I would like to see from Paramount is a definitive soundtrack with the original scores from all three films. You would think one as got to be in the works to coincide with the fourth film. Has anyone heard anything on this?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Seems like a good guess. I think this will basically be like the Star Wars trilogy re-releases (the three disc re-release when they just dropped the 4th disc and the OT release when disc one was the same as the first release and disc two was 'new').

Even if there is new content, I'm sure it'll be the same transfer as they used for the first release.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
As a compromise, I would say release the individual movies and the box set simultaneously. That way, people who want everything at once can get it (hopefully at a discount) and the people who only want one of the movies or who want them all but not all at once can go at their own pace.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I'm more curious to know if they're getting new transfers, or at least new encodes. TOD, sadly, always looked the best. Only ROTL got the Lowry treatment, and I think it could look better. LC always looked a bit overprocessed.

There's room for improvement, and I suspect a lot of work will have to be done before they are HD-ready. But if these are new treatments it would indicate the work has already been done.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
I'm more than happy to wait until the holidays and get the you-know-it's-coming four-movie set. If there are good quality extras for the originals, I can always pawn the 2003 set off onto my brother or my parents. If not, I'll just pick up Indy IV and be done with it.

That would be wonderful, Chris, but Paramount has been notoriously stingy with their soundtrack library. You would have thought that after the deluxe reissues of Star Wars and Superman, there would have been an Indy set on the way. Nothing has been rumored, sadly.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If it were me in charge, I would wait for the fourth movie to come out on BD before releasing the first 3 films in that format. If they do quality work, I'll wait.

Brad M

Second Unit
This news has just kinda been thrown out there with no details. I'm surprised it has gone mostly unnoticed by most. You'd think if they are calling them special editions there'd be some good extras being teased. Since there are no details I guess I just assume, for now, these are not going to be all that "special".

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I actually did hear a rumor just in the last week about a boxed set of the complete Indy scores including alternate takes. I'll see if I can track it down again.

Also Paramount has nothing to do with the Indy soundtracks. They are completely owned by Lucasfilm.

Doug

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
If I double-dip on Indy, it'll be on high-def, unless Steven Spielberg does a commentary for all 4 movies.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
If I'm not mistaken, Steven Spielberg doing a commentary track is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
All I could see them adding is the original tv specials for each movie, otherwise there's nothing left to include and no point to utilize the laserdisc transfers of each since the originals are still preserved.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
And sadly Lucasfilm has seen no need to strike up a relationship with a new label to get those osts out. Personally I think FSM would be better off going after these babies then spending their time on Superman.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
What about LFL's relationship with Sony Classical? Surely this is still going, and I could wait until the release of the 4th film on BD for a definitive soundtrack set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks