What's new

New Independence Day: Special Edition With DTS (1 Viewer)

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
On May 5th, 20th Century Fox will release a new special edition of Independence Day in region 4 which will include DTS.
Have a look at www.dvdbits.com for all the details.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
AlexBC: Where did you find the info about the japanese Ultimate Edition release? People are asking me for confirmation. Thank you!

AlexBC

Second Unit
Peter,

I read it at DVDtalk, it's supposed to come out on May 28th. The transfer and the extras will probably be the same as the Korean edition, but with the usual classier packing of their Ult. Series.

And I bet it's coming out on Brazil R4 as well, though I don't have it confirmed yet.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Hmm, I can´t find it anywhere. I just found info about a limited edition that comes out on the 11th of May. Could you please link to the page where you found the info?

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
I´m not Benjamin, but thank you very much anyway!:) But if someone have more links with info about the korean and the japanese edition, please post it.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Quint: It´s perfectly alright, I´m just happy that I got the confirmation that I wanted, and thank you AlexBC!

The problem now is to decide which edition to buy? I have the japanese Ultimate Edition of The Terminator and it looks so good, but it would be cheaper to buy the European edition of ID4.

Armand G

Stunt Coordinator
Another one to add to my collection? I already have the DD and DTS Laserdisc and the 5 star colection dvd. When does it ever stop.:angry:

AlexBC

Second Unit
It's been confirmed!
Fox BR will issue this as well in Brazil R4, I don't know the exact street day but it's announced for a May too. It will probably be packed on 2-disc slim keep case with a cardboard sleeve (just like their previous SEs of X-Men 1.5, X-2, Daredevil, Day Another Day, The League OEG and Planet of The Apes).

Sten F

Second Unit
Will either the R4 DTS or the R2JP DTS have the same bonus features as the 5 Star version?

Anyone have info on this?

Peter Svensson

Second Unit

I wouldn´t worry about that, because Ezydvd often fail to add dts to the title. I have complained to them many times about this and they have corrected each item. But I don´t mind to much if it doesn´t have a dts track, then I`ll buy the japanese edition.

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
thanks Peter. Just read dvdbits again and they do say 'the set will definitely include a DTS soundtrack', so I've gone for it. Ezydvd have it for £7.89 to the UK, can't really go wrong.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
I have emailed Ezydvd asking them to add dts to the specifications. They also need to change the coverart. The cover they are using is for a earlier edition.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Sadly it seems that the japanese UE series does no longer use the lovely digipacking. Now these editions are packed in keepcases with a slipcase. Why do they change all the good things in life?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks