NEW Independence day DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sebastien S, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Sebastien S

Sebastien S Second Unit

Seems they are re-releasing this DVD on May 11th labeled "Limited Edition"...

I never bought this movie on DVD, should I get this new edition or should I get one of the earlier releases? I know that they re-released a single disc edition last year which is still available... What would be the difference between these two?

I have no real interest in hunting down the 2 disc edition that is now disscontinued. I like this movie but not to that degree.

2. John Swarce

John Swarce Second Unit

Sebastien:

I believe I read that they are re-releasing this movie (1-disc) to tie into the theatrical release of "The Day After Tomorrow" (same production team as "Independence Day") with trailers for the latter movie included. The 2 disc version is available at Best Buy as part of Fox's Special Edition release series (numbered spines). I don't know if it is available in the Great White North (maybe Media Play, as I believe they are affiliated with Best Buy).

Hope this helps!

John

3. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

The reason for the re-release is to hype up "The Day After Tomorrow". They have a Double Digipak out right now that, I'm pretty sure, is the same as the 5-star collection version just different packaging.

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Yep.

Price is the only advantage of the upcoming LE.

5. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

They used to be, but BB sld off their interests retaining some warehouses that MP rents now.
    Sorry for the OT!:b

6. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.