What's new

New HTPC!! (1 Viewer)

Mark_Mac

Stunt Coordinator
just built my second HTPC, this time I used the D-Vine HTPC case from exoticpc.com.
here are my specs:
D-Vine Home Theater pc case
16x2 LCD
P4-1.8gig
Intel D845GEBV2L motherboard
256meg of 333mhz memory
2-7200rpm, WD 120gig hard drives
64meg Geforce4
16x Lite-on DVD-rom(black)
Philips 5.1 soundcard
MyHD capture card
Maxtor Firewire card
WinXP pro
here are a few pics if interested,
htpc pics

Chad Ellinger

Second Unit
That's a gorgeous case there Mark! But over $200 :eek: I hope it's worth it ;)
Why did you decide to go with an Nvidia card over an ATi? Most HTPC builders seem to prefer the Radeons. Just curious.

Mark_Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Why did you decide to go with an Nvidia card over an ATi? Most HTPC builders seem to prefer the Radeons. Just curious.
I had a extra geforce card but that is a future upgrade...that and a black dvd-r drive. The case is expensive but its going to look so much better in my rack then the white tower I had sitting next to it. All I have to do now is tear down my rack and rearrange things. Im waiting for this weekend to do that then Ill post some more pics once I get it set up. Thanks for the complement on the pc!!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I just got the same case from Newegg but I ordered a silver and they sent a black one. :rolleyes:More RMA fun. $205 for a dedicated HTPC case is pretty decent, the more full-featured ones run closer to $400. Check out my post here for other cases.
Marc- anything I should know before installing stuff and setting up the LCD? Pretty simple?

Mark_Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Marc- anything I should know before installing stuff and setting up the LCD? Pretty simple?
The D-Vine is a great case and easy to set up, plenty of room. Make sure you install the LCD before you install your harddrives. You have to to remove the faceplate to install the LCD but that is easy. The only problem I have with the LCD is the software. LCDsmartie is a little lacking but easy to use and then there is Girder...If you havent used Girder before, be prepaired, its not user friendly but has many uses. This thread at the AVSforum has allowed me to have a basic Girder setup:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=199006 Look on the 3rd page for MMcM's post with links and instructions for setting up Girder.
With Girder I can get the LCD to display the time and local weather when idle. When I use Media player I get track name and time. For DVD playback I use Zoomplayer and I can get title, track and time information. Once you get it put together you will have to play with both and determain which is best for your needs. Good luck!!!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Mark I just got my case and was bummed to find out it didn't come with an LCD. :frowning: With its price tag I thought it would but oh well, I hope they're cheap. Can you give me info on where you got yours and are there many more options?

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Mark:
Nice case, but it looks kinda big.
What's the size on that thing?
If it's not smaller than my receiver, it sure as hell won't fit on most HT shelves. :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
The only thing hurting it for shelf systems is its depth. It's just a little bit deeper than my Kenwood receiver but that makes all the difference because you have things such as the VGA cable protruding out. It just barely fits into my system but it would by nice if it was an inch less in depth. Another thing is I had to relocate my VCR as it wouldn't fit on top of the case and it would cover up the blow holes on top of the receiver. No biggie.
Here are the specs from the Link Removed:
Width 17", Height 6.5", Depth 15.875"

Mark_Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Scott L, I bought my LCD from exoticpc.com. Im really glad I bought it now that I have Girder configured.
here is a shot of my pc in my rack. I had to move some things around but it fits really good and isnt much bigger then my Denon 3802.
HTPC Pic

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks