What's new

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sitting here on a Saturday night just surfing the web and listening to this Podcast.

Great job guys! You really kept the conversation flowing and I loved the fact that you intertwined the conversation with soundbites from the films you were referencing. Great reference picks and a terrific editing job.

I have to figure out how to subscribe on iTunes as this is really the first Podcast I have ever listened to.

...and thanks for the mentioning my concern about Atmos not being widely available on Blu-ray as well as my praise for 3-D Rarities!

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Great job!

I’m about halfway through so far. I listen to a lot of podcasts, five to ten hours a week during commute and gym and even just around the house while cooking or whatever. I’m a tough critic and I wouldn’t be even posting here if I didn’t mean this, but the production values are top notch, on par with pro podcasts that have been honing their show for a couple years. The voice audio is clear, pop free, no hiss or compression weirdness from a crap Skype connection or using cheap earphones. You guys aren’t taking over each other. The interweaving of the audio clips, and ducking them into the background as the conversation resumes is well done. This is quality work.

This particular topic, I’m not sure this is my personal interest right now. What I’ve found is none of my friends care about home theater demos. So I’ve got all the material, and no one to show it off to. I haven’t really done a demo of note in maybe two years. So this isn’t me critiquing your choice of topics; it’s me, not you. You had a topic you wanted to start with and you did it.

I do have a technical critique, which is to be aware of your jargon shorthand. I kept hearing “this movie is Dolby Atmos 2.3.5”. And I’m wracking my brain as to what format that means, or what weird setup you guys have in your theaters that I’ve forgotten about. Halfway through, the word “frame” or “aspect” was used and I realized you were rattling off “Atmos 2.35”, implicitly meaning aspect ration. So, mind the jargon. :)

Great premier episode. I look forward to seeing what comes next!

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Sitting here on a Saturday night just surfing the web and listening to this Podcast.

Great job guys! You really kept the conversation flowing and I loved the fact that you intertwined the conversation with soundbites from the films you were referencing. Great reference picks and a terrific editing job.

I have to figure out how to subscribe on iTunes as this is really the first Podcast I have ever listened to.

...and thanks for the mentioning my concern about Atmos not being widely available on Blu-ray as well as my praise for 3-D Rarities!
Thank you sir! It really does mean a lot! Happy we were your first! :)

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Great job!

I’m about halfway through so far. I listen to a lot of podcasts, five to ten hours a week during commute and gym and even just around the house while cooking or whatever. I’m a tough critic and I wouldn’t be even posting here if I didn’t mean this, but the production values are top notch, on par with pro podcasts that have been honing their show for a couple years. The voice audio is clear, pop free, no hiss or compression weirdness from a crap Skype connection or using cheap earphones. You guys aren’t taking over each other. The interweaving of the audio clips, and ducking them into the background as the conversation resumes is well done. This is quality work.

This particular topic, I’m not sure this is my personal interest right now. What I’ve found is none of my friends care about home theater demos. So I’ve got all the material, and no one to show it off to. I haven’t really done a demo of note in maybe two years. So this isn’t me critiquing your choice of topics; it’s me, not you. You had a topic you wanted to start with and you did it.

I do have a technical critique, which is to be aware of your jargon shorthand. I kept hearing “this movie is Dolby Atmos 2.3.5”. And I’m wracking my brain as to what format that means, or what weird setup you guys have in your theaters that I’ve forgotten about. Halfway through, the word “frame” or “aspect” was used and I realized you were rattling off “Atmos 2.35”, implicitly meaning aspect ration. So, mind the jargon. :)

Great premier episode. I look forward to seeing what comes next!
Cool man, glad you liked the production quality. Sam and I took our time producing this, making sure we got the recording quality as high as possible. Kudos to Sam for investing in some good quality equipment.

Your comment about how none of your friends care about home theater demos is a subject that Sam and I already have on our list to discuss!

We'll also dig into aspect ratios and sound formats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks