1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

NEW!!! HTF Podcast episode #1: Favorite Movie Scenes To Demo For Others

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Brian Dobbs, Oct 29, 2018.

1. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    LOL! I suffered through the first Transformers and swore "Never Again!" I'd give TMNT a spin, though.

@Sam Posten I can't believe Pacific Rim only got an honorable mention from you.

Sam Posten likes this.
  2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    It’s in my top 10 for sure but limited to 5 I had to have a compelling reason for each choice. PR is just a great fun dumb movie, there’s nothing specifically interesting about it.

3. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    I've got it downloaded and subscribed. I'll probably give it a listen when I'm traveling this Sunday.

Sam Posten likes this.
  4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Thanks for your support!

5. Message #25 of 30 Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Sitting here on a Saturday night just surfing the web and listening to this Podcast.

Great job guys! You really kept the conversation flowing and I loved the fact that you intertwined the conversation with soundbites from the films you were referencing. Great reference picks and a terrific editing job.

I have to figure out how to subscribe on iTunes as this is really the first Podcast I have ever listened to.

...and thanks for the mentioning my concern about Atmos not being widely available on Blu-ray as well as my praise for 3-D Rarities!

Brian Dobbs and Sam Posten like this.
  6. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Brian Dobbs likes this.
  7. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    Great job!

I’m about halfway through so far. I listen to a lot of podcasts, five to ten hours a week during commute and gym and even just around the house while cooking or whatever. I’m a tough critic and I wouldn’t be even posting here if I didn’t mean this, but the production values are top notch, on par with pro podcasts that have been honing their show for a couple years. The voice audio is clear, pop free, no hiss or compression weirdness from a crap Skype connection or using cheap earphones. You guys aren’t taking over each other. The interweaving of the audio clips, and ducking them into the background as the conversation resumes is well done. This is quality work.

This particular topic, I’m not sure this is my personal interest right now. What I’ve found is none of my friends care about home theater demos. So I’ve got all the material, and no one to show it off to. I haven’t really done a demo of note in maybe two years. So this isn’t me critiquing your choice of topics; it’s me, not you. You had a topic you wanted to start with and you did it.

I do have a technical critique, which is to be aware of your jargon shorthand. I kept hearing “this movie is Dolby Atmos 2.3.5”. And I’m wracking my brain as to what format that means, or what weird setup you guys have in your theaters that I’ve forgotten about. Halfway through, the word “frame” or “aspect” was used and I realized you were rattling off “Atmos 2.35”, implicitly meaning aspect ration. So, mind the jargon. :)

Great premier episode. I look forward to seeing what comes next!

Brian Dobbs and Sam Posten like this.
  8. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    Thank you sir! It really does mean a lot! Happy we were your first! :)

Sam Posten likes this.
  9. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    Cool man, glad you liked the production quality. Sam and I took our time producing this, making sure we got the recording quality as high as possible. Kudos to Sam for investing in some good quality equipment.

Your comment about how none of your friends care about home theater demos is a subject that Sam and I already have on our list to discuss!

We'll also dig into aspect ratios and sound formats!

Sam Posten likes this.
  10. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs