What's new

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
logo_htfp-1024x1024.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Subscribe via RSS
Subscribe via iTunes / Apple Podcasts
Subscribe via Spotify

E-mail us at [email protected].

Show Notes

Post - Brian, Sam and Ron Visit Dolby

Last edited:

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Great job, Sam and Brian. That’s a fun listen and I had fun guessing the clips before you named them :)

I host and produce a podcast for the company I work for (internal only) so can appreciate the hard work put in to producing this one, you did a bang up job. Great hosting, interesting conversation, and some recommendations for movies that I want to go back and check out the audio on! I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes. Bravo!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I’ll add that for the longest time I’d use the Klendathu bug swarm attack in Starship Troopers and the end explosion from The Mask of Zorro as audio demo in my set up at the time. The visual and audio barrage in the Starship Troopers scene was always a big hit!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
One of my favorite demo scenes that I have played for others was the Diva's performance in The Fifth Element.

When I got my first Front Projector (way back when they weren't in common HT usage) I would use the gunfight at the conclusion of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly to convey what widescreen composition looked like on a 100 inch screen.

- Walter.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Great job, Sam and Brian. That’s a fun listen and I had fun guessing the clips before you named them :)

I host and produce a podcast for the company I work for (internal only) so can appreciate the hard work put in to producing this one, you did a bang up job. Great hosting, interesting conversation, and some recommendations for movies that I want to go back and check out the audio on! I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes. Bravo!

Thank you sir. I think you listened to it and 'played along' as we intended. :) Glad you liked it!

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys. We're all for feedback on what you liked and what you didn't! We've got a lot of topics to talk about for the future!

Totes bro. Looking forward to digging into our giant list!

I’ll add that for the longest time I’d use the Klendathu bug swarm attack in Starship Troopers and the end explosion from The Mask of Zorro as audio demo in my set up at the time. The visual and audio barrage in the Starship Troopers scene was always a big hit!

Starship Troopers! I only have this on DVD, but maybe this is worth upgrading because that scene was amazing!

One of my favorite demo scenes that I have played for others was the Diva's performance in The Fifth Element.

When I got my first Front Projector (way back when they weren't in common HT usage) I would use the gunfight at the conclusion of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly to convey what widescreen composition looked like on a 100 inch screen.

- Walter.
GB&U is a film I have not seen. On my list to purchase eventually!

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
GB&U is a film I have not seen. On my list to purchase eventually!

If you're even a casual fan of Spaghetti Westerns or Clint Eastwood you're in for a treat sir. I would suggest the below. These are on my annual viewing list. Someone on here once asked me if I really watched select films annually. The answer was a resounding "yes." Honestly, I've even watched the same film twice in a single day so maybe I do need help. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Name-Trilogy-Fistful-Dollars-Blu-ray/dp/B003EYEF2S

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I remember doing stuff like this when DVD first hit the streets. Always tried to find the best "WOW!" movies at the time. Like in 2000 when Jurassic Park came out. That was always fun to crank up.

Don't do it now but it was fun when discs first started.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
If you're even a casual fan of Spaghetti Westerns or Clint Eastwood you're in for a treat sir. I would suggest the below. These are on my annual viewing list. Someone on here once asked me if I really watched select films annually. The answer was a resounding "yes." Honestly, I've even watched the same film twice in a single day so maybe I do need help. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Name-Trilogy-Fistful-Dollars-Blu-ray/dp/B003EYEF2S
Awesome. Thanks for the link! Great price!

RSS / iTunes links below...

Subscribe via RSS
Subscribe via iTunes / Apple Podcasts

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Thanks again guys. I hadn't had time before today to listen to the complete podcast. Some great recommendations and orders have been placed for the ones I don't already own, save TMNT and Transformers. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

On the topic of 3D, I love it but it doesn't look like 4K projectors will have the requisite brightness to do it justice anytime soon. This is part of my reason for holding off on purchasing mine.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks