What's new

new ht purchase, please advise... (1 Viewer)

Troy Swope

Stunt Coordinator
The Bose Lifestyle 35 is sold and gone! wohooo! now here is what i am planning to purchase, but first the room layout. HT room is 15 x 12 x 8, i have installed a screen with a 120" diagonal surface, am going to go with a DLP, or LCD (not sure yet) here is what i am looking at for audio:

denon 2802 (or maybe 3802, what do you think? is the 3802 worth the extra money?)

front: Klipsch Rf3II's

center: Klipsch Rc3II (will this work well on the floor? or should i go with the Rc7? Does the Rc7 go with Rf3's?)

surround: Klipsch Rs3II's

sub: dual svs 20-39 cs+ with samp1000 (ron, you da man!)

thoughts? comments? idea's?

can the denon 2802 drive all these comfortably? should go with the denon 3802? thanks for the info. This place rocks!

-troy

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
Troy,

Klipsh horn speakers are very efficient. That combined with your relatively small room means that the 2802 should have no trouble driving them to painfully loud levels. Of course, it's usually better to have a more powerful amp than less. Overdriving a low powered amp causes it to "clip". That generates lots of very high frequency noise which can damage tweeters. Only you can decide if the other features of the 3802 matter to you.

In general, it's best if you can put the center speaker as close as possible to the same level as the tweeters in your main speakers. It's a little late, but have you considered a perforated screen with the center speaker behind it? Even so, many people do have the speaker at the bottom. It'll sound better if you can get it up off the floor somewhat and pointed up toward the listeners.

I hope this helps a little.

Troy Swope

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is too late, the screen goes in tonight. I did plan to angle it towards the front listening audience. didnt want to blow away the kids up front though.

As far as features for the 3802, I wasnt sure what all it did more than the 2802, i read, but some of that stuff, i dont know (i have been out of HT , way too long)

Do i need to be concerned about buying from internet dealers who arent authorized? I mean, they handle the warranty rather than Denon, but is it that big of deal? I can save a few hundred by going online, just curious!!

Thanks again for the input.

-troy

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
Troy,
I can certainly understand the desire to pay as little as necessary. You have to decide how much the insurance of dealing with an authorized reseller is worth to you.
I'd suggest you try to look them up on one of the sites that rates online resellers. http://www.resellerratings.com/ is one such.
I hope this helps a little.

Troy Swope

Stunt Coordinator
Selden:

thanks for the info. I did finally buy, (from a local authorized guy.) i paid more, but i am not worried about support now, plus he did help me with several questions as well as worked with me for a week or so on the purchase.

i guess in the end, its better we support the local dealers so they can stay around longer.

thanks again for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks