What's new

new ht project (1 Viewer)

bucksfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Rusty
I'm looking for advice on a new ht project I'm about to start. I currently have an unfinished basement that I'm going to finish and put a dedicated room for a ht for mostly watching movies. The size of the room will roughly be 20L x 13W x 7H. Would like any advice on everything from products to use when building to electronics? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
That's a pretty vague request. You need to supply much more info. I would definitely recommend a front projector though, with that size room. Screen size would be determined by your seating distance from screen.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Read, read and read some more. Draw room layouts. Plan your electronics. If you aren't sure on brands at least put down the goals of your system. This is an expensive undertaking and you want to get it right the first time.

-Robert

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Are you working within a budget you can post? If you could post a total budget and a budget for equipment vs budget for construction that would be very useful and get you more advice and suggestions tailored to your situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltby
Recent bookmarks