1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New HT in Sun City, Ca

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by DFurr, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Message #381 of 385 Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    DFurr

DFurr Second Unit
    Supporter

Don
    IMG-5214.JPG IMG-5215.JPG DTS processor mounted in the rack, DTS reader mounted on top of the projector, cables all run and ready to test tonight. Gonna run Halloween H20 as a test feature to make sure the track is in perfect sync with the picture.

JohnRice and Peter Apruzzese like this.
  2. DFurr

DFurr Second Unit
    Supporter

Don
    In honor of the release on this date of the hit musical GREASE, we'll be watching this on the big screen tonight. 35mm, Dolby-A.
    GREASE IS THE WORD!!!!!

Grease.

3. Message #383 of 385 Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    DFurr

DFurr Second Unit
    Supporter

Don
    Screen shots from tonight's GREASE screening.

IMG-2989.JPG IMG-2996.JPG IMG-2999.JPG IMG-3006.JPG IMG-2989.JPG

4. DFurr

DFurr Second Unit
    Supporter

Don
    Regardless of how "state of the art" your equipment is, there is the chance of a piece of expensive gear going "south". This happened to me several weeks ago. My Dolby CP650 crapped out leaving me with NO processing and in my HT everything goes through the Dolby processor. Lucky for me I kept my original Dolby CP500 digital processor just-in-case so I made the equipment swap. Research tells me that the newer CP650 is not as reliable as the older 500. I made a decision to have the 650 repaired and put it up for sale. In the mean time I bought 2 more CP500's which are much cheaper than the 650's. Those will last me until I'm long gone from this earth. Since the CP500 didn't support Dolby EX, I had to purchase another piece of equipment to decode the EX channel. I've been wiring all of this up the last couple of weeks and hopefully by the middle of next week I'll be finished. Everything is working great now except the EX rear channels. Waiting on a power supply first of next week to finish the transition.
    The fun just never ends!!!!!!!

5. DFurr

DFurr Second Unit
    Supporter

Don
    Everything put back together now. Amp rack includes a Dolby SA10 which pulls out the EX track in 35mm prints (if recorded in EX) and a 3 way switcher for position #1 Oppo/SRD/Dolby A/Dolby SR/Mono, position #2 DTS and position #3 4 track magnetic sound-on-film. Rack.
    I'm all done!!!!!!

Peter Apruzzese likes this.