What's new

New HT construction pictures added 1-11-05 (1 Viewer)

Dan_J_H.

Stunt Coordinator
Pictures #15-#21 added. You can see two stacks of DRIcore flooring panels ready to be put in. After I put the DRIcore in, I will build a stage and riser for the rear seating.

Feel free to make any comments or suggestions. This is my first attempt at framing a room.

Dan
http://community.webshots.com/user/danjh38

ScottATL

Stunt Coordinator
What are your plans for your in wall component rack? You're about the same stage in your project as I am. How was the DRIcore? I am thinking about it, but will probably skip putting it down. It's not cold down here at all, and would only be putting it in for sound and walking comfort reasons.

Dan_J_H.

Stunt Coordinator
I have not yet put the DRIcore panels down yet. I'm going to buy and install a drain plug so I don't have to make some kind of access opening through the DRIcore to the drain. I have another drain in the laundry room, so I at least have one working drain. My entire HT floor slopes towards the drain. I'm hoping the DRIcore panels will follow this slope and not have a lot of non-contact areas with the floor. I will use some of the leveling squares if needed. I think that building a stage and rear seat riser on top of the DRIcore will help to hold the floor down. I will have carpeting professionally installed later.

I will cut 5 shelves for my equipment rack. The rack will be stained black. I will have extra space in the rack for future components.

Dan

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Looks good so far. What size will the room be and type of display will you be installing?

Dan_J_H.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Neil,

My room size is 12.5'x24.5'x7.0'. I will be buying a DLP front projector. I'm going to wait until my HT is almost done because projector prices are falling all the time.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks