New HT build

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Mark Nguyen, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Mark Nguyen

Mark Nguyen Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys,

My home is being built right now and will have a dedicated HT room. Quick question, is there any reason or benefit to building an indent on the wall to mount a fixed screen? My screen will be about 120" diagonal and the width of the wall is about 15.5FT wide. Or should I just have a flat wall and mount the screen on it?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. rob-h

rob-h Second Unit

There is no reason to my knowledge to indent it.

3. David Noll

David Noll Stunt Coordinator

Mark,

Mount screen to your wall but dress-up around your screen.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/gall...g2_itemId=1102

The black in the picture actually comes out away from the screen at a 45 degree angle, giving the screen the appearance of being in a "shadow-box". The moulding and wall around the screen are 4" forward of the screen wall with 12" pillars on the sides. It is all about aesthetics!

David

4. Mark Nguyen

Mark Nguyen Stunt Coordinator

David, nice setup. I probably just leave my wall flat then. I just figure since my builder can build any indent I want on the wall for me now why not do it if it makes sense...

How do you like those DefTech fronts? I have the BP2000/CLR/BPX for years now and still loving them. Might consider upgrading somewhere down the road to the more recent model...just not sure if the improvement will justify the expense. But you know how it goes. [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Mark

5. David Noll

David Noll Stunt Coordinator

I sure do know how it goes!...They are expensive but the theater sound is truly amazing! I'm extremely happy with them. From a pure musical point, the sound is a notch below but still awesome. 95% of my use of them is theater/video and only 5% music only.

Good luck with your project,

David