What's new

New house: Trying to figure out solution for existing home audio setup (1 Viewer)

WubbaLubbaDubDub

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew
Hi all,

I'm brand new here and am looking for some help/advice since I still have a lot to learn before I'll likely be able to return the favor and contribute to this community :)

Anyway, I recently purchased a home that included built-in speakers indoors and outdoors (RCA inputs broken into a few different 'zones'). I've attached a photo of what I discovered the existing inputs are.

I don't have an existing home audio system and am leaning towards simplifying things as much as possible (e.g. I'd ideally just like to have a Chromecast audio). I'm less concerned with having control over the zones as I am about just trying to simplify the inputs to something that anyone in the house on WIFI can use (e.g. Casting).

My main questions are:
  1. Is there an existing cable/adapter solution that might resolve this and allow the use of a Chromecast audio?
  2. Or, will I have to overhaul the entire input/setup?
Any thoughts or guidance are greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20170930_104202.jpg
    IMG_20170930_104202.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 127

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Those are speaker binding posts so you will need some type of amplification.

The posts on the top left are for the front speakers. The posts on the bottom are for the rear surround sound speakers. I assume that the center speaker was close to the amp and did not require a set of binding posts. To take advantage of these, you will need a 5.1 surround sound receiver.

Some of the more expensive receivers have outputs for a 2nd zone. That's probably why they installed zone 2 binding posts so close.

I see you mention casting but that's vague. What are your goals. Provide details. If you haven't decided, we will keep asking questions. Otherwise you will end up buying equipment that you will either replace quickly or not utilize all of the features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks