What's new

New Hometheater. (1 Viewer)

Francis_M

Auditioning
Hello all,

I am new to the home theater arena. I am building a new home which is in framing. We are quickly approaching the electrical wiring phase. I am planning a home theater with a DLP projector. I am wondering from those that have "been there, done that mistake" club, what type of wires should I run?

I want to run at least four BNCs, two Cat5e cables, one VGA cable, from the projector to the stereo rack (plus of course, elecricity). From the rack, I want to run speaker wires to: front, two side channels, two rear and one sub channel. Is there any other wires I should run?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Francis. Welcome to HTF. :)

I question the Cat5 wires from projector to equipment rack. What are those for?

I might suggest you add in a SVideo cable in case you have a source that only offers SVideo.

Speaker Wires: Run an extra speaker wire to the rear for a rear-center (Dolby EX).

Use ordinary RG6 coax for the subwoofer cable.

You might want to plan on a telephone wire to run to your rack. Some of the CATV/Sat box's want a telephone connection.

I am going to move your thread to the "HT Interiors" fourm where others who have made dedicated rooms hang out. You might also want to check out the Display Devices where a lot of people with projectors would be happy to share good/bad ideas with you.

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks