New home

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by bill nd, Mar 17, 2005.

1. bill nd

bill nd Auditioning

I am new to this forum and glad I found it. I am considering building a new home in the near future. I have my current home theatre package (Mitsubishi 65" WS, Bose dual cubes, Sony DVD, Sony 200 disc CD changer, Yamaha reciever) set up in my current living room. My new baby has just arrived so blasting out my favorite movies in the living room is not an option anymore.

I am looking for floor plans for a 2,000 sq. ft. home with an additional room (about 22' X 28') for my new home theatre. Does anyone know of anywhere I could see some floorplans to meet my needs?

I am planning on setting up my TV on one 22' wall and on the other end of the room having a bar with stools. Seating will be an oversized loveseat and 2 oversized chairs on either end. I would like a storage room behind the TV with exterior doors that will open up behind TV and components for easy wiring.

Any advice and or pictures of similiar set up would be greatly appreciated.

2. Michael Whitney

Michael Whitney Stunt Coordinator

Good idea would be to get some basic modelling software such as Floorplan 3D or MS Visio. Then you can model the room and play around with specifics. View the other theatres on the site for ideas.

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Bill:

Check out our Member Galleries to see if any of them give you an idea of what you want to do.