1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New Home Theater

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CoryT, Sep 15, 2001.

1. CoryT

CoryT Auditioning

I'm just now starting to put my home theater together, It will be in my basement which is a walk out so proper window coverings is a must. Anyways I wanted to give you a list of what I'm planning to get for hardware and then take some adivce and opinions on it.
    DaLite 106" Cinema Contour Fixed Wall Screen
    Infocus LP340B Projector
    Atlantic Technologies System T70
    Onkyo TX-DS787 Reciver
    Toshiba 2700 DVD Player
    Pronto Remote
    I would also like to get some advice on automated window coverings that I can control with my remote. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Cory

2. Anthony Stephan

Anthony Stephan Stunt Coordinator

I'm not familiar with the projector.
    Can it do HD? Does it have component inputs?
    I didn't think that the Toshiba 2700 had component outs either.
    To answer your question about the automated window treatments, check out smarthome.com
    They have lots of cool stuff that I use in my HT.

3. CoryT

CoryT Auditioning

Yes is does do HD, that was one of my requirments for the projector. I'm not sure what you mean about the DVD player though. I will check out smarthome.com.
    Thanks.

4. Jeff J

Jeff J Extra

You might want to reconsider a SVGA projector if you are going to be watching a lot of HD material.
    The NEC LT-150 has been a very popular projector – you should be able to find one for around 2.5k us via Dell. I think that this would be a much better option than an lp340. Check out this post at avs for the latest or any of the other 5 billion LT150 posts over there.
    From what I have seen, there really is no comparison between an 800x600 and a 1024x768 projector – especially with HD. With an SVGA projector you will only be using around 400 vertical pixels – not a lot compared to 1080.
    Good luck,
    jeff