1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

new home theater speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Bachich, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Joe Bachich

Joe Bachich Auditioning

I'm new to all the home theater equipment and am not sure about what kind of speakers to get. My theater will be +/- 12' x 22' in my basement. COst is a factor to a minimal extent, I really don't want to go over 15000. for everything from the projector av receiver to speakers. Someone mentioned Monitor Audio silver series or PSB. Any suggestions or input?

2. Tim_Wes

Tim_Wes Auditioning

I'm going through the same thing and have a similar budget. So far I've picked the Denon 4802 receiver, B&W speakers and the Sharp 9000 projector. Still not sure on screen or DVD. I've read about the new Firehawk and may wait a bit longer to see more info. on it. Good luck and enjoy.

3. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

4. Donald Shrum

Donald Shrum Stunt Coordinator

5. Cindy B

Cindy B Extra

Well, on the advice of my brother, and at least one or two of the posters on this board, I went and listened to Paradigm Titans. Holy smokes...I never would have guessed that a bookshelf could sound like that. Falls well within my price range too. I'm gonna start checking prices. Paradigm.com shows a couple of nice packages, but I'm hoping I can get a deal somewhere. I'll defintely have to find stands though...

6. Cindy B

Cindy B Extra

Whoops - sorry folks, my last post was to the wrong thread. Sheesh.