New home theater setup help (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinta255

Grip
Real Name
Steve
Hello,

Long story short, we recently dug up a TX-8211 reciever hooked up to 2 Bose 201 series IV, and we are far from experts on this stuff but know some basics. We will be getting a PS3 to play games on and watch movies via our LCD projector.

Now, the video seems simple, hook up PS3 to the LCD projector via HDMI or BGR cables.

The audio on the other hand, I'm not sure where to start to get the most out of the reciever. So, the PS3 should be hooked into the audio out via the red/white cables (Since there are no optical outputs). There are 4 "jacks" for speakers (I'm not sure what you call that) and I'm assuming two are for front left/right and the other two for surround left/right. Correct me if I'm wrong about any of this! So my questions are:

1. In a 5.1 surround there should also be a center and a bass channel from what I understand. Does my reciever only have the capabilities for the 4 channels? Where/how would the other channels be hooked up to?

2. What speakers should I get for the surround channels? Do I need to find an old speaker set to go with this old reciever for the wiring purposes?

3. For the tape deck line in/out is it possible to play other appliances through these?

4. What can I do with what I have to get the most out of it? (I'm willing to spend a little extra to get other speakers or whatever else you recommend)

I'm on a very tight budget and sorry I'm not so clear because I'm new to this stuff. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks