What's new

New Home Theater On A Budget (1 Viewer)

My1swag

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
I am new here and will definitely read through the site to see if I find anything. But I was wondering if there is even a chance to build out a home theater system for less than $4,000 that would be a 7.2.4 with Dolby Atmos setup? If so, I guess the first place to start is which receiver should I go with?

jornfinn

Auditioning
Real Name
finn
I am new here and will definitely read through the site to see if I find anything. But I was wondering if there is even a chance to build out a home theater system for less than $4,000 that would be a 7.2.4 with Dolby Atmos setup? If so, I guess the first place to start is which receiver should I go with?
That's fantastic to hear, for sure. This is something I would want to learn more about. I need to go shopping for a present for my son.

My1swag

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Sorry, should have been more clear. Just audio system. The goal is to some great sound over me when watching a movie like top gun.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sorry, should have been more clear. Just audio system. The goal is to some great sound over me when watching a movie like top gun.
Give us some details about the room. One thing, with this budget I probably recommend starting with one subwoofer. Maybe you can add a second one in the future. Two cheap subs won’t be as good as one that’s double the price.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
In general I’d break it down roughly to $1K on receiver, $1K on sub, $2K on speakers.

And decide on the entire system together, rather than one part at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks