What's new

new home theater needs good sound set up, plz help (1 Viewer)

Sumir B

Agent
Now that the house is almost complete I was wondering what would be a good set up for the speakers.

for all speakers, and receiver i am looking to spend around 1500-2000. i've heard good thing's about paradigm, but i know that i should listen to anything before i buy.

On the receiver side, what should I look for? I have a 65hdx82 and I want a set up for primarily movies.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

kthx

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I would recommend that you consider some of the Internet speaker companies: Ascend, Axiom and Rocket all have good choices in your price range.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
There are a lot of good receiver choices in your price range as well.

Here is a representative idea of what you might expect. The
Rocket ELT package comes in at $900.

They will bundle this with a Denon 1804 receiver, which drives these very nicely for another $350, or $1,250.

Here you have some interesting choices: you could spend a bit more and get a higher end Denon (or another brand such as HK). You could drop the ELT subwoofer from the ELT package and get the Rocket UFW-10 (I’m guessing this will add about $400—for a total of about $1,650). This would be a great HT system. I’ve heard the ELTs and if they have a weakness, the ELT sub does not hit the very lowest notes as hard as some would like. So a sub upgrade would result in an excellent HT system.

Or drop the ELT sub and purchase a Hsu or SVS sub instead of a Rocket product.

Listening to these speakers is a bit of a problem. Depending on where you live, you might get an audition. Check on audioenvy.com or post on the AV123 site and see if someone close has some that you can listen to. Otherwise you can audition them in your home and are out the shipping if you return them.

Good luck and have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks