What's new

New home theater location! looks pretty empty. (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
We're moving into a gargantuan new house in a few days. What you don't see is the dedicated outlet in the ceiling for a projector, in-wall wiring for rear speakers, and wall sconce rough-ins at strategic locations. Someday it will be a nice movie room. Someday.

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
looks like a great start, would like to see the finish to this one when you are done.....

I would love to have a bar in mine..... (not enough room)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
My "projector" is an 8 year old Mitsubishi 50" NTSC RPTV. When that dies I'll get a front projector. I'm ready for it. We've been moving in; that room looks like a bunch of boxes now. It'll get together.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Looks a really nice, large room to work with. I'm envious!

The only problem I see is the irregular shaped walls, which can affect the room acoustics. What are your room dimensions? If you still have enough leftover, perhaps you should consider doing a little re-construction to even out the walls, and make things easier for speaker placement, and acoustic considerations.

Just a thought...

Good luck with the new house!

Dan

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Phillip:

You have to keep us updated with pictures on your HT build.

Glad to see you guys got into the new house. I know you are having lots of fun moving in :eek: but in the end it is all worth it.

You definitely need to get one of the new Panasonic AE 500 or Sanyo Z2 units to go in the theater and get rid of that rear projector.

Parker

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Can't you trip and smash the RPTV as you bring it in, you will thank me later when the wife OK's the projector!;)

Wes

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The journey starts!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

You have been warned.

:wink:

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Neil, Sorry, I was just looking at this post and I realized I never answered your question about color....

The answer is an emphatic YES. There are color changes in the pipeline, but not in the immediate future.

Really? I had my eye on an InFocus X1. I'm on a serious budget here. :-/

ChadLB

Screenwriter
How about the Z1.....only like $100 more and it is a great projector for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks