What's new

New home theater construction (1 Viewer)

MikePon

Grip
Well, I have been meaning to post this for quite some time and have finally got around to it. Here is my Home Theater home page complete with construstion pictures. Please let me know what you think. I'd appreciate any info/help. Thanks in advance!!
Link Removed

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Wow...that room is filled with "orbs" (first picture). I wonder what's causing them. ;) :D (Just a little inside joke for a few members here.)
Looks like things are coming along. Please keep us updated on the project! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tony Granatelli

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to make 1 suggestion....
Borrow 3 identical speakers from someone and make sure they're shielded.
Hook them up as your center channel, and 2 front speakers.
(Disconnect the front stuff that you have)
Sit back and listen. If it doesn't sound 20 times better, I'll eat my shorts.
Mr.500

MikePon

Grip
Dave,

Good question. I will probably have mini blind with heavy curtains on either side. Not sure yet. I tend to come up with ideas as I go along

Bill,

Ya I know, borrowed the cam from work and last person much not have done a very good job of cleaning it.

Tony,

I figured I would get at least one shot about the speakers. Not sure if your refering to the fact that they are not timbre matched or the fact they are Bose mains. If it's the latter, not sure I see a big problem with the Bose 701's. I understand the rants on the acoustimass speakers though. That being said, I know my speakers are my weak link and and need of replacement. Most of them are 12 yrs old. However, finishing an entire basement and building a dedicated home theater does not leave alot of cabbage for toys. The time will come.

Tony Granatelli

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Mike,
Well, you hit both nails right on the head... the fact that you're aware of these 2 small deficiencies means that one day, your system will rock like it never rocked before!
Good Luck,
Mr.500

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks