1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New Home theater builder needs help

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by ShawnN, Sep 7, 2003.

1. ShawnN

ShawnN Auditioning

I'm a new home owner with a passion for home theater but don't know were to start. My room is in the basement 9'6"W 17'10" L & 7'8" H. The rear, left & front wall are concreat, the right wall needs to be framed. I and Planing to use a 6x2 with staggered studs with some sort of insalation.
    My speakers are Infinity RS5' for the front, cc3 center D box 12" sub & RS2 for the rears (11"D 13"H 8"D.)To keep costs down I would like to keep my existing speakers. I also would like to upgrade to a 6.1 but the room is so small and my rears so large I'm not sure if it would make an diffrence
    I am planing to get a projector but don't know how big a screen to get with that size a room. useing the 5ths rule for speaker placement Maybe 69" or so?
    Any recomondations would be great.

2. Larry Lopez

Larry Lopez Auditioning

Dear ShawnN,

Have you thought about using in ceiling or in walling speakers for the center rear? I hire this company called My Connected Home, in CA to design and install my Home Theater. They did a great job on my Home Theater Room. They also got help you in selecting a screen for you. They probably would recommend you a Stewart Screen.

You can contact this gentleman name Willy @ My Connected Home through his e-mail: [email protected] or you can call him @ (909) 972-6061

Hope my info. would be helpful.

Larry