What's new

New high-power plate amps from Adire... (1 Viewer)

RobLJ

Stunt Coordinator
Dumb question, but my Onkyo receiver only has one subwoofer out RCA jack on it. How would I go about getting a signal to the amp? I'm starting to think about 2 Tumults for my living room. :D

DanWiggins

Second Unit
David,

They clip "nicely". Just start cutting off the top of the sine waves. No ringing or overload or clamping to a power supply. Just what you would expect.

Rob,

Just use one of the inputs. You don't have to use both; the amp internally sums the two inputs into a mono signal. If you have an LFE/single sub output, just plug it into one of the RCAs.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
you don't need to use both inputs on the amp, the receiver adds the signals and spits out just one.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Will the rumble filter be easily customizable like the LT? Easy places to "stuff" the components?

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Jack,

You can tack different resistors in parallel if needed, as well as caps. But it's now set to 2 Hz, so unless you're looking to move it up in frequency, it's no longer an issue in terms of cutting off bass.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
will the 1200 wat amp push a Tumult to its x max in a ported box? or would a good pro amp like the 3400 qsc amp be better. rember fan noise is not a problem. and i want to go with at least 2 Tumult or 4 av15

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Jack,

No problem, simply tack a pair of resistors on the back of the board to raise the cutoff frequency as needed...

Bryan,

6 cubic feet, tuned to 16 Hz (30 square inches of port, and a port length of 46.5 inches) should do the trick. Full excursion down deep!

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

David_P

Stunt Coordinator

make that 5 "unofficial" Adire alignments for ported Tumults :)

3 ft^3-18hz (33sq in port 80" long
4 ft^3-16hz (with same slot port, lower group delay)
5 ft^3 18hz (35sq in port 51" long)
6 ft^3 17 hz (described as being linear to completely stupid levels, no port dimensions given)

and now
6 ft^3 16 hz (30 sq in 46.5" long, excursion matching capabilities of ADA-1200)

Have any of these actually been built and listened to? by Adire? Or are they theoretical only? If built, how did they sound?

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks