What's new

New high-power plate amps from Adire... (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Finally! And 3-power sizes, excellent...

Whos gona be first to get one and put it to "good use"?

2--> :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: for Adire...

Thanks Jack for the heads up!

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Geoff,

I've got some in "good use" right now...;)

Charlie,

One 1200W amp and a quartet of Tempests is a great match. Or a single amp, single Tumult, and a 2.5 cubic foot sealed box works REALLY well.

Scott,

Thanks!

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
ADA300: 300W into 4 Ohms (150W/8 Ohm)
ADA600: 600W into 4 Ohms (300W/8 Ohm)
ADA1200: 1200W into 4 Ohms (600W/8 Ohm)
>>>>>

Is that RMS or peak?

I am guessing these still would have nothing over a good stout pro-amp but are probably nice for a modest single Shiva or Tempest subwoofer project.

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Those are RMS figures. The advantages over a pro-amp:

- No fan. Means you're looking at Crown K1/K2 amps to be competitive. Of course, a K1 (with about the same power) runs over $1000.

- Full crossover. Not happy with your LFE crossover, or doing a music system? This has a built-in high quality crossover. And of course you can bypass the entire crossover with the flick of a switch if desired.

- EQ. Two bands of full parametric EQ. Most bass problems can be corrected with two well-positioned bands of EQ. Don't need to buy a seperate EQ to do this.

Basically you'll spend a lot more on a prosound approach to get the same basic functionality here... And these can mount right in the back of your subwoofer, too, so they take ZERO space in your rack...;)

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Sounds nice Dan , I have really grown to hate amp fans. :)

What is the warranty period on these?

Also id like to know more about those UcD180 amp modules you are offering if your up to it. :)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who's excited about the dipole eq?

One of these with a quartet of DPL-12's in an H-frame will make a sealed Tumult sound bloated. ;)

Yes, some obvious advantages over a pro amp.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Wow, they are VERY impressive!!! Great job, Adire!

Side note: I wonder what SVS would think about these plate amps? The "total package" of 1.2Kw RMS @4 ohms, defeatable crossover, phase control, dipole eq, etc, in a package of this size is nothing to sneeze at! Factor in the price and .....whoa. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jack Keck

Second Unit
OK, let's get down to brass tacks here. Which of these

"One 1200W amp and a quartet of Tempests is a great match. Or a single amp, single Tumult, and a 2.5 cubic foot sealed box works REALLY well."

would be most appropriate in my buddy's 800 square foot apartment?

Furthermore, what would either of them do to the placement of one's huse relative to its foundation?

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Jack,

Well, actually neither if your buddy wants to keep his neighbor's happy...;)

For a small room/place, I'd go with a single Tumult in a small sealed box. It's the most compact solution, and will provide quite a bit of output. In terms of output, think twin HGS18s or so...

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

minhG

Stunt Coordinator
jack, i don't know if either is appropriate for an apartment!

i have a shiva in the 142L adire vented alignment, running on a Hypex 200W plate amp. at 80db on the meter (which is loud but not super loud) i can shake/vibrate the apartment building with a 20hz tone (easily).

i hope you're kidding! or are really friendly with the neighbors if you're thinking of 4 tempest or a Tumult !

minhG

Stunt Coordinator
hey dan, do you have a suggestion for an alignment for the tumult in a small box in particular? I'm just itching for a reason to get a tumult :)

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
Or a single amp, single Tumult, and a 2.5 cubic foot sealed box works REALLY well.

yes yes yes !!! yes yes!!! so when is Adire going to build the box for us too?

Dean Mar

Stunt Coordinator
minhG

Dan gave a suggestion for a small Tumult alignment. 2.5 cu ft sealed. It works great.

Charlie C

If you don't have the time, tools or experience to build a box. Give Kyle at Acoustic-Visions.com a shout. He does some great work and can provide you with a box and good advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks