What's new

New Hi-Rez pics of my last project! (1 Viewer)

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
Some of you will probably remember seing these before. I just took some hi resolution pictures outside in the sun this weekend. The sun really makes them shine :D
They are Audax HT mains designed by Joe D'Appolito himself. The plans can be found on Audax's website and both Madisound and Zalytron sell kits for them. I bought the drivers and crossovers from Madisound and built the cabinets and stands from scratch.
I will tell you as this is one of the most frequent questions I get asked is..."What kind of veneer is that?" It is Honduran Mahogany, 10mil paper-backed, finished with Watco Natural Danish Oil."
THE PICS

Leon Van Dongen

Auditioning
They are awefully nice looking!

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the overall cost of those beauties?

Great job!

Ben Ven

Stunt Coordinator
They are beautiful.... I guess you don't have any kids cause I don't see any sockets for a grille.:D

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Those are nice!
Did your neighbors think it a little strange that you were laying in the grass taking pictures of your speakers? ;)

Zac_F

Agent
Beautiful speakers. And a very timely post. I have an Audax center built, up and running, a 4x8' sheet of mahogany veneer, and a can of Watco natural danish oil in my basement. I'm just waiting for a good day to apply the finishing touch. I'll have to show the pics to my wife.

I think this is the inspiration I need to move on this.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Very nice, if you didn't say that they were DIY I would think they were some expensive set of speakers.

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
If they sound half as good as they look they must be awesome! You out to put small spotlights in the ceiling pointing down on them like they were museum pieces.;) The stands are a perfect match for them. I don't know if you have to deal with WAF, but you would definitely get two :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: from most wives, especially for the relatively small amount of $ you have invested in them!
Pete

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I was already impressed and then it finally sunk in that you made these beauties.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Ungh! Oh that's a nice pair of speakers you've created. Congratulations! Please don't be surprised to get a couple of questions from me in the next month... I'll be veneering some similar roundovers, and I'm stumped how you got your top and bottom to mate so beautifully. Course, I've never veneered in my life, so that's a decent explanation, I'm sure.

Again, that's just astounding work. Thanks for sharing.

DanielC

Grip
Trust me, they do sound as good as they look. Brian gave me a nice demo of them, and wow, Dave Mathews never sounded so good. Absolutely beautiful!
:emoji_thumbsup: Thanks for the Sono Brian!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks