What's new

New here.... (1 Viewer)

akuma

Auditioning
Hello guys, I am new here and I would liet o share with you my home theatre system:
61" Toshiba Projection TV
Onkyo TX-DS787 A/V Receiver
Onkyo DV-6353 DVD Player
Onkyo DX-380 6 Disc CD Player
Bose Acoustimass system:
15" Power-Subwoofer
4 - satellite speakers
1 - three way center speaker
My Future Upgrade:
65" Toshiba/65H81 HDTV Widescreen
Onkyo TX-DS989ver2 A/V Receiver
4 bose satellite speakers
I will post some pix later of my current set-up, stay tuned guys ;)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Watch yourself Akuma- you won't have too many people eagerly awaiting your pics if they include BOSE Acoustimass stuff. You'll find out (probably rather quickly) that bose are not very well respected in any audio circles- and people will line up to suggest better brands for the buck.
Try a search for BOSE (or Blose) on this forum and you'll see what i mean. :)
heck, here's an example from a few hours ago:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=95553
But, welcome to the forum-- other than the bose issue, I'm sure you'll fit right in ;)
-Vince

akuma

Auditioning
...Thank you Vince, and I am quite "Comfy" with my Bose system. Yeah! I know a lot of guys out there would recommend better, but I am very much satisfied with the listening quality of my system.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Well- you can't. You have to have them posted online elsewhere- on a server space, and then link to the location using the image tag. Unlike some lower traffic forums, the HTF does not allow direct uploading to their server as it's simply too much of a load on the process.

So- you can't just link to pics on your hard drive- they have to be posted on a server somewhere- and linked to.

-V

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
My Future Upgrade:
65" Toshiba/65H81 HDTV Widescreen
Yikes! Is it just me, or are insanely big RPTV's getting far more common. I remember when my 25" Zenith (I think it was a chromolux 2) was HUGE. The "digital remote" ("It's like holding the future in your hands") cost about as much as the tv. And adjusting for inflation..the 65" is probably half the cost!
Ok..what was the thread....... Oh yeah. Welcome to the HTF Akuma. Just remember one thing
*It only matters if it sounds good to you.
If it does and people still give you s**t about your BOSE products: Just start telling people you own JBL ( or Krell, Paradigm, Vectornox, Kenwood, Aiwa, Polk, HTD, whatever) speakers. What they don't know..wont hurt you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks