What's new

New here and to home entertainment “questions” (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Blwnfive0

Grip
Real Name
Joe moreno
Thanks. I picked it up with a gold cable. I have to figure out how set the low pass, gain, and phase. Is there a baseline I can work off of for these?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Thanks. I picked it up with a gold cable. I have to figure out how set the low pass, gain, and phase. Is there a baseline I can work off of for these?
There should be instructions with both the sub and the receiver as to the settings on the sub. In most cases, Phase should be at 0, Level should be at 50%, and LowPass should be cranked all the way to the right. The speaker calibration program on the receiver should do the rest. Connection the subwoofer cable from the Sub/LFE Pre-Out on the receiver to the L/LFE input on the subwoofer.

Blwnfive0

Grip
Real Name
Joe moreno
Ok, so I have everything together and working nicely. I’m looking to upgrade the center speaker in my setup. Right now I’m using one of the Bose redlines. Anyone have some good recommendations?

Blwnfive0

Grip
Real Name
Joe moreno
I have the 5 redlines and klipsch sub. Sounds pretty good. Just with some movies I have trouble hearing voice when system volume isn’t high enough.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I have the 5 redlines and klipsch sub. Sounds pretty good. Just with some movies I have trouble hearing voice when system volume isn’t high enough.
You can go into the speaker configuration settings and adjust the level of the center speaker to help boost dialogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks