What's new

New Heavy Metal in August? (1 Viewer)

BillBR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill. :)
Hey gang...

So I finally saw Heavy Metal from Netflix the other day, didn't think I'd like it and ended up loving it. I searched around to scope out buying options and found this listing on Amazon.com:

Amazon.com: Heavy Metal: Harvey Atkin, Thor Bishopric, Rodger Bumpass, Jackie Burroughs, John Candy, Patty Dworkin, Joe Flaherty, Don Francks, Douglas Kenney, Marilyn Lightstone, Mavor Moore, Alice Playten, Susan Roman, Richard Romanus, August Schell

It appears it's getting a rerelease in just over a week. But all I can see is that is has one o' those digital copy things, which I could care less about. Has anyone heard anything about this? Is this a new transfer, or a new release of the older collectors edition? If it's just the movie and a digital copy, I'll buy the older version instead...

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I've seen several Columbia/Sony titles at Walmart that drop all the extras for that digital copy stuff. What's the point?

You can't go wrong with the older edition.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

BillBR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill. :)
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks, Silver.

Besides, a good idea for a rerelease with new extras would be a Blu Ray edition...
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
No problem!

It would be nice if they could somehow include the recent parody South Park did as well. That was dead on in replicating the look of the film!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hickskeith007
Recent bookmarks