What's new

New Heavenly Creatures... full frame only?!!! (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
According to DVDFile, the upcoming Heavenly Creatures will be Full Frame only and 2.0 Dolby Surround !
Sounds like a rehash of the Canadian Alliance release.
Can anyone confirm this?

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Are Disney nuts? Perhaps someone there should watch the film. It may star teenagers as the protagonists, but this isn't family viewing material. Even a re-hash of the widescreen laserdisc would have been better than this.

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
This is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas. I will not be buying this release if those are the specs.

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
Protest with your wallet!
I just cancelled my pre-order @ dvdempire...sorry Disney, get it right or get it out of my face!!!
Angrier than hell
Jim:angry:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
This makes no sense. The same day BV is releasing SEs of The Grifters and Swingers with new anamorphic transfers. You could argue that all three films appeal to similar audiences, i.e., those that appreciate films that are different or adventurous. So why are they doing two of these right and screwing up Heavenly Creatures so badly? :confused:

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Disney, this isn't right guys. Not good at all. I've been waiting for a proper release of this for a lonnnnnnggggg time, and here we get this? No, I will not buy it if it's not OAR. It's as simple as that. If I would, I would have bought the currently available disc already, which I had no qualms whatsoever from refusing to do. I have no problem in leaving your product to gather dust on retail shelves as well.

Now,if this has been an innocent oversight, please work to correct it. If this has been a conscious decision, then I just can't understand how you could come to such a consumer unfriendly conclusion, and have no other choice but to educate my fellow movie fans of the transgression and campaign against this release. And, of course, if the specs listed are wrong and the release will be anamorphically enhanced to the correct (2.35:1 I believe it is), and this "issue" has been brought about by misinformation, then I'll certainly but it, and work to promote the release enthusiastically through word of mouth and online communication, as I do with all releases that I'm interested in that deserve recognition.

Please, in some way, try to respond to our concerns soon.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

Update July 8, 2002: With the announcement of a new DVD release, I've proceeded to send the petition to Miramax/Buena Vista. Watch this space for updates, and find more info in the Heavenly Crusade section.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Unbelievable just when you think buena vista is making good decisions/progress with tv product and re-releasing older releases with anamorphic transfers the mouse bites us in the ass again. Oh well until they do it right i am not buying it's as simple as that. I will cancel my order first thing tomorrow morning. Fan's of this true masterpiece by Peter Jackson will just have to suffer longer. Who hopefully when he has some time will get involved somehow to make thing's right.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I guess Disney figures that a Peter Jackson film isn't that popular:rolleyes
I cancelled my pre-order as well.
Can we get Peter Jackson's attention at all towards Disney?
I signed the petition, but the scary thing is that I'm number 666, and my e-mail is 666

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Most disappointing, i've gone ahead and cancelled my pre-order as well - and to think I was really looking forward to owning this excellent film.

MartEvans

Stunt Coordinator
I'm outraged by this as I recently (within the last month) sold on my old bare bones version of this in anticipation of the rumoured SE coming this fall... I didn't like the old version as obviously it was P&S and an awful transfer but it was still better than nothing... Now I don't have a copy and I'll be arsed if I'm buying the exact same disc again which from the specs is exactly that.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Just cancelled my pre-order. Hope this is bad info, but doesnt sound like it.

Mickey, what on earth is going on?

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
This really puts me in a bad mood. This movie is begging for a special edition, but I'd just settle for a bare-bones OAR disc with a decent transfer (and PJ commentary wouldn't hurt!). I honestly cannot believe this, that's got to be a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks