What's new

New Headphones (1 Viewer)

john123

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I am using latest headphones which are of very attractive look. Sometime, i also connect these with laptop or computer. Now i really enjoy the music better than before. But, i want to know that is these are better than bluetooth or not.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Always list make and model for us John, otherwise nobody will have a clue what you are talking about. That having been said blue tooth headsets are designed around convenience and are usually pretty easy to beat in the performance department.

And speaking of performance, my lowly cell phone, weak ipod and lame laptop will drive my pair of Sennheiser HD650 headphones. But thats just wrong as these are sweet headphones, theyre needy, and a dedicated headphone amp and portable DAC takes these phones to a whole other level. Good headphones are like regular speakers, good power and (in the case of phones) a good DAC can really make a huge difference! I use the cheap Fiio E7/E9 amp/DAC combo and man does it make a difference over plugging your phones into your basic jack and driving them with whatever you have on hand. I feel the need to caution you in going down this road though, not really because of the expense (my total rig was $500) but because good headphones, powered by a good amp and DAC, can get very addictive very quickly.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
good headphones, powered by a good amp and DAC, can get very addictive very quickly

Yep. I got a set of AKG K240.

IT also depends on if the headphones are 600ohm or 55ohm(the two most common). I would gather(I've not checked though) BT headphones are all 55ohm. 55ohm won't hold a candle to 600ohm. But 600ohm won't work well with an ipod/phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks