What's new

New HDMI Cable Required? (2 Viewers)

ENIGMACODE

Grip
Real Name
Mike Harris
Hi Gang

I have a few older HDMI Cables (more than 6 years old) ....

Keeping the discussion away from 'eARC' - With the new ARC Ports in Yamaha Receivers and TV's is there a need to purchase a newer HDMI Cable to connect from ARC to ARC between reciever and TV?

As Always Thank You!

ENIGMACODE

Grip
Real Name
Mike Harris
Ah there you are again John Rice (how's it going my friend)? :chatter:

Ok - Roger That - I should have known that .... :rolleyes:

Thank You!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Also, if you want to be ready for 8K and VRR, then go ahead and get 48gbps cables.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I just ran into this problem. I just bought a new AV receiver so I had ability to use ARC for the first time from my TCL TV. But no matter what I tried I couldn't get the ARC working, so I had to fall back on an optical digital cable.

I needed a longer HDMI cable anyway so I ordered a modern one off of NewEgg for $6. https://www.newegg.com/black-link-depot-10-ft-hdmi-cables/p/N82E16812189054 Normally I would order from Monoprice but their shipping is now slow due to their remodeling their warehouse.

After installing the new Omni HDMI cable, I cycled the AC to the gear at the power strip. The TCL TV turned on and displayed the fact that it was configuring the ARC audio! I didn't have to do anything.

I verified that the ARC was now working by unplugging and removing the optical digital cable - and I still had TV audio.

Looking back the old HDMI cable must have been purchased when I got my first Blu-Ray players in 2009. It was the problem with ARC.

Mike: FYI my TCL has eARC and my Onkyo AV receiver has regular ARC, but they were able to talk together without any issues.

I also note that the Omni Gear cable came in a bag printed with higher level specs than that at the website. The bag was labeled 8K Ultra HD 48 Gbps HDMI 2.1 cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Software Testing Training
Recent bookmarks