What's new

New HD DVD titles not coming to Canada? (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I went out to pickup Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Corpse Bride and Robin Hood today. Not a single store had them. Not only did they not have them, but they had no indication they were coming in the near future.

Anyone have any information about this?

abeirnes

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Beirnes
David, I just picked up Batman Begins at Wal-Mart here in Winnipeg. They only had 2 copies. I'm not sure if I can post the price, but it was very reasonable. I picked it up at lunch, then did some window shopping at Best Buy and Future Shop. Neither one had Batman Begins, nor do their websites. Amazon.ca doesn't have it either. I only found out last week that Walmart was stocking HD-DVD from reading digitalhomecanada.ca. All their prices were quite low.

Hope this helps.

Aaron

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Here in Toronto, I have seen probably only 2 places that seem to have a stock of hd-dvd and blu-ray... one is Walmart across from Sherway Gardens and the other is HMV's flagship store at Yonge & Dundas. Best Buy and Future Shop are very slow to stock the latest in these formats which is a surprise and a shame.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I'll try Walmart later this week. I went to HMV (I work downtown) and they were even further behind with their stock.

I went to Sam's and was told they had the titles listed in their system for Oct 17th. While I'd really like to have them for the weekend, I'd still be happy if they show up next week.

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
Have you guys tried Amazon.com? I use it for most of my HD purchases. It is way cheaper and they are more consistent then B&M stores here. Land of the Dead cost me $29 total at Amazon versus $45 at HMV. You have to pay shipping but they is offset by the 10% off promo and there are not duties or brokerage fees because Canada Post is used. It is win win. Although I did buy Batman at Walmart cause I found it a week early, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks