What's new

new hd-a2 player 720 video input question (1 Viewer)

g-man

Grip
Real Name
keith
I hope I am doing this the correct way, this is only my second time posting. I just purchased a new Tosh HD-a2 player today. Does anyone know if the 720resolution is putting out the correct signal on these newer units. I have read that the HD-a1 models had a problem this setting. I am using the 1080 resolution for now, but the tv is a native 720 plasma. I cannot tell too much difference between the two. Also I am using my toshlink for audio am I getting dd+ All of my HD-DVDS sound a lot better than standard DVD. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter

It varies by title with me. My TV displays 1080p but sometimes I use 720 and 1080 at other times from my A1. So let your eyes be your guide. ;)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Should you not use the resolution setting which matches the source, regardless of the display's native resolution? HD-DVD is 1080 so the nominal display setting should be 1080 as well... Or did I miss something?

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
What works in theory does not always work in practice. In theory humans are the most intelligent beings on the planet. But does our behavior indicate that?

Botton line....Let your eyes determine what looks better regardless of what SHOULD look better according to specs/theory.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

That has to be some special plasma out there. There are no 720p native plasma sets out there ... except for one pioneer model.

Toshiba's issues on the original model with 720p were addressed with the latest firmware. There is no issue on the A2 here.

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks