New Harmony 520 Remote Control

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Parker Clack, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    [​IMG]

I have been keeping an eye on this one to get released. At $99 MRSP it looks like a real bargain.

Parker

2. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

Wow, that is interesting. I looked at the specs, but the 520 is not a part of the "Comparison Chart" window. What's the major difference that would make it so cheap?

Peace,

DM

3. Dave Miller

I can't wait any longer. I ordered the 688 today. Should be here in a couple of days.

Peace,

DM

4. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

Limited to 12 devices. Fewer buttons. Looks pretty, though.

The limitations on the number of devices really doesn't bother me. But most of my activities seem to require more buttons than the 659 has. So, I'd probably think that the 520 was a tad cramped.

5. Max F

Max F Second Unit

I gave up on the Walmart here. Tired of talking to clueless people there. My wife said she preferred the look of the 676 (which surprised me), so that was it. I ordered the 676 which is more powerful, with more buttons. I had some gift cards with Amazon, so i went with them. Can't wait to get it.

Anyone with the 520 here?

6. DougRuss

DougRuss Stunt Coordinator

Just ordered the 520 Here ..it's "Backordered" but I can wait! Saved a few $$$ too.[​IMG]

7. Dave Miller

Got my 688 delivered yesterday. Wow, what an awesome peice of equipment! The cool thing was after already trying out 659 several months ago, last night I just hooked it up, logged in to the Harmony website and updated this new remote w/ my old settings. Worked like a charm. Very cool.

When ya'll get the 520, be sure to post your thoughts.

Peace,

DM

8. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

Did anyone get the 520? I would be curious to hear about it.

I have been in the market for one of these but I want to get the one that would serve my needs but NOT be overkill. I would get the 880 if I REALLY need it, but then if the 520 would suit me, I would be fine with it too.

My goal is to have ONE remote period. I don't want to have to goto an old remote for even a single button.

I have a HDTV, DVD Player, Recever, and Combo Cable HD/DVR box. Which remote do you think would suit my needs? As I said, I want every feature of those components remotes to be on the new one.

And is there any big different that makes the 880 so much more besides it being color and recharable? Does it have any other really nice features I might not be aware of? noticed on Logitech's comparison site it shows that it does NOT have TV Guide... and the others do. I thought that was odd...

9. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    I'm interested in this remote as well Adam, but so far none of the online retailers have it in stock yet. It's been on backorder for weeks now.

10. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

I believe Walmart.com has it. I think it's exclusive to them. That's all I know.

11. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    It's definitely not exclusive to Walmart (it's also listed at Amazon, CDW, Target, etc.) but they are the only online retailer showing it as in stock and available to ship. I wonder if that's accurate?