NEW Harman/Kardon Receivers!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Lev-S, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Lev-S

Lev-S Second Unit

The new HK 30 series (AVR 130, 230, 330, 430, 630) is in stores! We have the AVR 130 at Future Shop and when I first saw it, my jaw literally dropped in awe of the new design that they have gone with! The volume knob is a giant glowing washer! It's bloody industrial! [​IMG]

Their company site is not updated with the line yet so specs are still not readily available.

[​IMG]

2. Kevin L K

Kevin L K Second Unit

Ummm...actually they are on line as well as pictures and owner's manuals--just type the new model# over the current model# in the address bar.

3. Lev-S

Lev-S Second Unit

4. JasenJ

JasenJ Agent

I just got done browsing HK's site with the new receivers. I see that they've gone to 192kHz/24bit DACs across the entire x30 line, and are using a couple of different flavors of Cirrus DSPs.

Has anyone listened to these new receivers yet? Have any feedback?

NAD recently posted a little info on their T773, but no word on what kind of DACs are in it. Any rumors as to whether NAD will be following suite and putting 192/24 DACs in their new models?

I STILL haven't made the jump to a surround receiver, but this may be the year. (My Luxman 35w receiver & Paradigm speakers keep pouring out great sound.) I want to upgrade, but receiver, surrounds and sub are a big hit on the wallet to do all at once.

Anyway, any feedback on the new HKs?

- Jasen.

5. Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro Second Unit

I was able to listen to an AVR 130 and it was very impressive sounding. These are at LEAST as good as the previous models, and the same price [​IMG]
    I am going to order my 630 this week

6. Rick Westfall

Rick Westfall Stunt Coordinator

Where are you going to order it from?