New H/k Receivers Are Here!!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by kuttaS, Aug 11, 2003.

1. kuttaS

kuttaS Stunt Coordinator

today on etronics.com, i saw new H/K receiver which seem to be the high end model featured 100x7 and the model is DPR2001. they seem to priced more than avr525 and fall in the avr7200 category. the link o the site is
    http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...047&catid=4118

2. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

And a weighing in at a whopping 17 pounds [​IMG]

3. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

Yeah, I guess this is the step up from the DPR-1001. I imagine you don't need all the weight of heat sinks, large power suppplies, big amps etc on a totally digital receiver. It doesn't get hot.

4. JackS

JackS Supporting Actor

It does say 17 pounds. I wonder if this should have been stated as 17 kilos? HK is an American brand though, so maybe the weight is correct. I'd have a hard time turning loose if $1300 for a receiver of this very light weight.

5. Mike Wladyka

Mike Wladyka Supporting Actor

What are the advantages/disadvantages of a totally digital receiver? besides being lightweight...

6. JackS

JackS Supporting Actor

Mike- Possibly none. I do really like HK however, I'm perfectly willing to let others pass judgement on this receiver first. If it receives many favorable reviews by those who are actually testing or using it, my opinion can be changed. There are many expensive and lightweight electronic products on the market but for receivers this would be a new trend. Maybe it's something we will all take for granted in the future.