What's new

new guy with a ? (1 Viewer)

Tom _C

Auditioning
Hello,
Am I right to assume I can pick up hd tv with a regular antenna. I have a antenna on the roof, how do i go about finding out if have hdtv around here to be picked by regular antenna. I have a mits 55809 and im running cable into it now. What are the steps i would need to do to get the ball rolling.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
You will need to to buy an HDTV tuner. I would recommend getting one that does both OTA and Sat (even if you don't plan on using the satellite.) You can get an RCA DTC-100 for around $250-$350 or a Toshiba DST3000 for around $450 (which is much newer and has a better OTA tuner.)
There is also Dish network tuners, but you need to buy an add-on card to get OTA, and I believe it only works if you also subscribe to satellite service.
Finally, there are some OTA only tuners, but are actually more expensive than most of the dual Sat/OTA ones.
Also, be sure to research what channels you can get OTA (for HD) and that they are really broadcasting HD (for instance, NBC in Boston broadcasts digital upconverts only-- not actual HD content!)

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Tom,
I have the same TV you do.
Try this link http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/usefu...dtv_local.html
and click on the Antennaweb .org link and this will determine your local HDTV channels and tell you what kind of antenna will be best for you from where you live.
Although you still will need an HD decoder receiver in order to pick up HDTV channels.
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks