What's new

New guy to the forums (1 Viewer)

Nophix

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob Milton
Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. I found the forum while doing research for proper speaker placement. I have a vast audio background, however mostly in car audio. Home theater is all new territory for me.

My wife and I are avid gamers, and I work in the IT industry doing network design and administration. We have 2 young children, so we've had to work around that with our first "serious" theater system.

So, anyhow, my current system is pretty flaky at best. I have a Dynex 32" LCD, Magnavox upconvert DVD player, HD cable box, Yamaha receiver, center, and rear speakers, as well as sub, and KLH studio speakers up front. No model numbers off hand since they are at home.

Looks like a great forum here, and I look forward to learning a lot more!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Rob. Welcome to HTF!

Congrats on having a spouse that likes gaming. You next purchase should be a PS3 for the games and BluRay player. Surprisingly, the PS3 has some of the best video output of all the players. (Those Cell Processors you know).

Dont worry about the modest system. Less expensive speakers actually do a great job for HT and the subwoofer is what provides impact. You have all the basics to play with setup, positions, level adjusting, etc.

So welcome to the fourm.

Nophix

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob Milton
We're working on the PS3 as we speak. I was waiting for the game library to build enough to convince the wife. The BR playback is just a tasty bonus. Summer is my slow time, so we usually slow down purchases, but this fall is looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks