What's new

New guy question RE: HT/Music (1 Viewer)

parkerjames

Auditioning
Real Name
john mcgranaghan
Thank you in advance, folks.

I know very little about this stuff. :)

The wife and I love watching movies and own a bunch of them via Blueray, DVD's and Apple TV iTunes purchases.
Tons of music housed in the iMac
We have an iMac, iPad Pro and iPhones.
Apple TV (3rd I think) We will be getting the newest one.
Sony Bravia Smart TV
Sony Blueray
Pioneer VSX 40
Bose CineMate 15

Is it possible to add wireless speakers to this set-up for good home theatre and music listening?

If so, what speakers are recommended?

Thanks again.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You didn’t mention a budget, but wireless surround sound for home theater is a challenge. The cheapest options are soundbars that can’t muster more than a 40-60% user approval ratings from Amazon users. The most common complaint is wireless reliability (or rather, the lack thereof). Better-rated (more stable) wireless soundbar systems can run $600-1000.

At this time there are no viable AVR-based solutions for home theater that don’t require outboard transmitters and receivers to get the signal from point A to B. Wireless with AVRs is limited to multi-room applications only.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

parkerjames

Auditioning
Real Name
john mcgranaghan
You didn’t mention a budget, but wireless surround sound for home theater is a challenge. The cheapest options are soundbars that can’t muster more than a 40-60% user approval ratings from Amazon users. The most common complaint is wireless reliability (or rather, the lack thereof). Better-rated (more stable) wireless soundbar systems can run $600-1000.

At this time there are no viable AVR-based solutions for home theater that don’t require outboard transmitters and receivers to get the signal from point A to B. Wireless with AVRs is limited to multi-room applications only.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Thank you, Wayne. Sounds like I might just stick with the Bose Cinemate 15 system for the time being. A share a common problem in that its often difficult for me to hear the dialog in a movie. It often seems to lose the competition with the rest of the sound track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks