What's new

New guy need some advice on making dedicated home theater. (1 Viewer)

newbie123

Auditioning
Real Name
alan
My room is 19'5 by 11'2. i would love two rows of atleast 3, but is that possible with comfy seating? Also what is the largest screen i can view comfortable with a great picture. No windows in room. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I will be doing most the work myself. Right now it is just framed up. Thanks A

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
That room should be long enough for 2 rows of seating. What type of seats are you thinking of? Since you'll have 2 rows, screen size will be a compromise. About 120" diagonal would be good.

newbie123

Auditioning
Real Name
alan
I was hoping to be able to do some powered recliners. Will that work? Maybe 4 in the back row and 3 in the front? Wow a 12O'' screen thats awesome i was thinking I could only get about 100".

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
To be sure, you need to measure how much room the rear recliners would need. That will show you where the front row will wind up. If the rear row is close to rear wall, the front seats would probably be about 12' from screen. The only reason you couldn't use a 120" diagonal screen is if your ceiling is too low. Also, your projector needs to be bright enough for your screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks