New Guy Here, Rate My HT System!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Esposito, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Rob Esposito

Rob Esposito Auditioning

I dont know if this is the correct forum to put this but couldnt fine anywhere else.. anyway here it goes.
    My name is Rob im 19 and im from winnipeg, canada [​IMG] And i just signed up for this page not too long ago.. I have been looking at this forum for well over a year now and its been a lot of help.. I first got into HT when I was about 15 when my Mom gave me her old set of Bose 501 Series 3! They were wicked speakers.. After that came a DD5.1 receiver and I bought another pair of Bose 501 Series 4 speakers.. I blew a pair of tweeters after about 3months and didnt think it was worth it to fix the speakers..
    So I saved as much cash as I could so i could buy a full DD5.1 system.. So this spring I worked 2 jobs to afford my system you see below..
    TV
    32inch Sony (for now)
    Fronts
    JBL ND310
    250watts, dual 10s, 1 4inch, 1 3/4 tweet
    Rears
    Quest Q885
    200watts, dual 8s, 1 1inch tweet
    Center
    JBL N Center
    150watts, dual 5inch, 1 3/4 tweet
    Subwoofer
    Velodyne CHT-12
    400watts, 12inch
    Receiver
    Sony 985

2. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

Rob. . . .What do you think? ? ? Thats whats important. . . I think you are moving in the right direction, only thing I would do is make your rears JBL also, for now, next work on the receiver and so on. . . Remember good speakers can make a poor receiver sound good but a good receiver cant do anything for poor speakers. . .

3. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

Ditto!