What's new

New Ghost Recon for Xbox (1 Viewer)

Scott "E"

Second Unit
"The Clancy brand owes its incredible popularity to gamers who want an intense and realistic gameplay experience," said Tony Kee, Ubi Soft's vice president of marketing. "With this new campaign disk, Ubi Soft Entertainment can give back to Ghost Recon fans, providing them with more of their favorite Ghost action without the price tag of a whole new game."
I'm expecting it to be priced at $29.99, although I wouldn't complain if it was $19.99 :).

JayV

Supporting Actor
That is great news, on the price, Scott.

Derrik, I think Raven Shield is due in this Fall -- maybe September? And:

And come to think of it, Scott, I can't make you a new gamertag logo. This forum has rules about explicit content, you know.;)

-j

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Wow, that Painkiller tag is sweet. Great job as always, Jay. I like the font especially. Oh, except I think Derrik has 3 "L's" in his tag...something about the regular spelling being taken already? So I guess he's "Painkilller". :)

And for Scott, maybe you can conjure up a picture of the taillight of a motorcycle way, way in the distance ahead. That will always be my image of him. :laugh:

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
If it's 19.99 or 29.99 I'll consider picking it up. Though I too am really looking forward to Raven Shield. Depending on how busy I am and what other games are out(in conjunction with the price) I may or may not pick this one up. Oh well atleast they fixed the game finding bug of the current GR.

James St

Supporting Actor
I think this is great news. However, I'm more interested in whether or not they fix some the gaming issues instead of what maps and guns they add. Eliminating spawn camping and allowing the average broadband user to host a twelve man game without handicap should be at the top of the list. If they can't alleviate these issues then I will probably pass on this regardless of price.

Has anyone played any games after the patch was released? I'm curious if it has helped reduce lag in any way.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Here you go, Derrrik -- three L's:

EDIT:

I could've sworn the IGN indicated a spring release, but now I see both IGN and Ubi indicate a summer release. Was Spring just wishful thinking?

-j

JayV

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Derrik. As an old-school metal fan, few things are better than the coveted headbanger smiley.

DAH nah na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na na na-na-NAH! Wheedly-wheedly wrooooow!

But giant wads of cash are always nice.

-j

Joe_RM

Grip
James:

I downloaded the new update, and I'm very happy with the amount of games its finding (5 was the least I saw). I'll have to see over the next week to see if it helps any on the lag. Last night I had more 'laggy' games than usual, but that could be anything. I also noticed that I wasn't able to play, but once with a 'big' room of 10.

Joe

Ghost of Deagol

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
As an old-school metal fan
Hey!!! Jay V.,..I know it's off topic but, where do you think I got that "Painkilller" gamertag?????

"He's...The Painkillahhhhh" Link Removed Judas Priest w/Halford...aka "cool gay guy".

Thanks again for the Gamertag logo! I'm going to change to it once I get home and save it to my webpage.

James St

Supporting Actor
Ubi has announced the maps from the current game that will be added to the expansion disc.

They are:

Embassy
Battlefield(I think it's the smaller MP version)
Castle(night)
Wilderness

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/392/392387p1.html

EB has this listed as a 7/15 release at $39.99. Kinda high for eight new maps and some guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks