2. New campaign
3. Twelve (twelve) new maps for multiplayer
4. New multiplayer game types
5. Content download for new missions and maps
6. Coming this spring (IGN)

-j

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I got my copy at Gamestop, listed used at $45, but with their card (10% off used games) it was about $40 (+ tax).

As far as I'm concerned, this update disc had better be $20 or less. I was pretty discouraged when I saw that the original didn't have D/L content. Now we have to pay for that priviledge? But ... since it looks like the new disc will have another campaign, I won't cry if they charge us a reasonable price.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Man, I bet this thing is gonna have a nice 39.99 or 49.99 MSRP. I'm a bit angry because the current Ghost Recon is great but it needs some work on the online aspect. I'm actually playing the single player campaign more than online which is suprising to me. Color me :confused:

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Ugh, I didn't consider the part about not requiring the original game. So that's what they'll use to rationalize a $40-50 price. How lame.

/me wonders if he should sell back his current copy of GR to help pay for the full version coming out in a few months.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
The price tag is definitely a concern. I personally would like to see a 19.99 price point on the expansion. The most the PC expansion packs retailed for was 29.99 and if the content is worthy the 29.99 is in line with the PC pricing and I would not mind paying it.

Also as a side note it appears the Ghost Recon patch that has been in the works for awhile is now on live and ready for download. (Havent confirmed yet myself but the forums are buzzing with the news).

Damien

Supporting Actor
me being the impatient sob put the game online on the shelf b/c of the issue, it would kick real ass if it was eliminated

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I got the patch and can actually find decent games now. 12 player matches are readily available and it seems to lag less.

JayV

Supporting Actor
I dunno, I think my GR experience was/is very different from most of yours.

At $50 it was a great value to me -- hours and hours spent on single player; even more on Live.

The menus and lobby are poorly thought out. Finding games on Live is often a pain in the butt. I believe only an MS/Ubi partisan would argue to the contrary. Still, I can find games and I have tons o' fun. I got my value with Ghost Recon.

I was pretty discouraged when I saw that the original didn't have D/L content. Now we have to pay for that priviledge?
Well, why wouldn't we? This is a complete game -- not a roster update or a couple of new mechs and maps.

Understand, I'm not arguing that everyone should know and love Ghost Recon -- I'm just trying to understand the animosity to it and the just-announced new game.

-j

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
There is a patch. I d/l'd it. It makes finding games much easier but there doesn't seem to be any changes other than that - nothing to the interface, etc.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Developed by Red Storm Entertainment, the Ubi Soft studio credited with originally developing the award-winning Tom Clancy's Ghost ReconTM and Rainbow Six franchises, the campaign disk will feature the Cuban campaign from Ghost Recon: Island Thunder (PC) and popular maps from Ghost Recon: Desert Siege (PC). As an added bonus, four additional maps from the original Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Xbox) allow new recruits to experience the battlefields of Eastern Europe exclusively on Xbox Live.
So, essentially it's a port of the Island Thunder PC add-on disk with a bunch of maps from the DS addon mixed in with maps from the Xbox game? Does that constitute a new game, JayV?

8 mission campaign + 8 multiplayer maps + 4 from GR Xbox, plus future downloads. Hmmmm.

Island Thunder (PC) is $19.99 from GameStop right now.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Jay,

I'm with you - why complain at this point in time?

:confused:

Added: why be confrontational about this as well?

:confused:

JayV

Supporting Actor
So, essentially it's a port of the Island Thunder PC add-on disk ... Does that constitute a new game, JayV?
Sure it does. Unlike an add-on disk, this announced product doesn't require the original game. Further, (yes, this is hypothetical and assumes no colossal cock-up) it delivers value commensurate with other new titles.

Question: If Fallout 2 amounted to a tweaked Fallout with a new campaign, should it have sold at a discount? Should you be upset over the $50 tag?

It seems that Ubi is banking on people willing to spend $50 for this. This may be a reasonable conclusion given GR's December sales.

Given what I imagine to be very low development costs, I would think a discounted retail price would be a winner for Ubi and its target market.

I would be very happy if it retailed for $20 or $30. I do hope they discount it. But I still don't understand how they are bad guys if they don't.

-j

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Question: If Fallout 2 amounted to a tweaked Fallout with a new campaign, should it have sold at a discount? Should you be upset over the $50 tag?
If they took the content from the already released Fallout Expansion off another platform that sold for $20, yeah, I might be upset :)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I'm more excited about Rainbow Six: Raven Shield.

I can't remember if that's coming out eventually on the 'Box, or not but, the PC preview on www.gamespot.com looks ALOT better, to me, than the G.R. stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks