What's new

New Ghibli DVDs -- August? (1 Viewer)

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Posted this in the other thread, but I'm afraid it'll be misssed:
----------
Nausicaa.net reported yesterday that an August 31 release date is listed at FYE.com and Suncoast.com for Totoro, Nausicaa, and Porco Rosso.
.http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/new...9727457,61646,

Good news! Hope we can get them this soon. I've seen Porco and Nausicaa and they're both brilliant.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Totoro! Woo! I didn't buy the Fox release but I can't wait to see it.

I watched Spirited Away again just last night.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I just checked those links, and the Totoro listed on FYE.com and Suncoast.com is the Fox version. So it looks like two out of three will be coming 8/31. But My Neighbor Totoro is under Fox contract until Jan, 2006. Good news on the first two though? I'm so excited that Naucissa is on the release schedule.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator

They actually have selections for a 2-disc release on both sites. FYE's here and Suncoast'shere. They both have the original Fox cover art up, and Suncoast actually still lists the studio as Fox, so I'm not sure what's going to be... If Fox has Totoro till 2006 (which I thought it was expiring mid this year, actually) then maybe they're getting one final release out before the rights get handed over to Disney? Maybe none of this means anything...:b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks