New Gameboy SP owner

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Scott L, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I plan on buying the SP soon for a cross-country plane trip I'm taking. Ideally I'd like to wait until I get one of those handy 10% best Buy coupons or maybe even a slight sale or price dripe since the announcement of Nintendo's new system.

I was just wondering if any of those accessories for the handheld are worth buying, such as the light, magnifier, carrying case, etc..

Also any must-haves for play on the 6-hr ride both ways?

2. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

DO they have power supplies on planes? Sure would be cool to bring a PSOne with a Mobile monitor, on there. Theyre almost as a small as a Gameboy advance...lol

3. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Scott,
    I don't feel the need for any accessories for my GBA-SP. I've been very happy with it out of the box. Don't forgot to pack your charger though, so you can recharge when you get there.

As far as must-have games, check out the software forum, there have been a number of discussions. My must-have games though are Advance Wars (haven't gotten 2 yet), and both of the Golden Sun games. Metroid Fusion is great too. And if you've never played The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, you're in for a treat.

4. Alex Morrow

Alex Morrow Stunt Coordinator

I thought about using the 10% coupons also but they say in very small print that Video Game Hardware is excluded from the offer.

I just bought two of them from BestBuy last week for an upcoming trip and so far have been very entertained by the game play. Right now I'm focusing on Metroid Fusion which is great cause it reminds me of Metroid on the old GameBoy and original NES. I'll probably beat it before the trip comes up this weekend so I've got the first Golden Sun to occupy my time with for the 9 hour drive.

5. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

Are you primarily buying the unit for use on planes? If so, keep in mind that many pilots will not allow any electronics to be used during a flight. I've encountered this numerous times, as did a friend on a recent trip.

6. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Depends on the airline. Most major carriers only require you to leave it off during takeoff and landing.

I used my GBA SP on my trip to Vegas three weeks ago. The flight attendants on my Southwest flight were duly impressed by the pretty blue color. [​IMG]

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

There's no point in buying a light for it, since it's side-lit. You should probably get the headphone jack thing, but otherwise you just need good games to go with it.